Menu
Ten tourist attractions in Jin Yong's Kung Fu novels!!!
Aug 21, 2007 02:37
  • FAERIEQUEENE
interesting thread, I was always much intrigued by TV series on Louis Cha's novels, more properly of the martial arts and Chinese chivalry than Kungfu... , and the novels have added much meanings for the 'tourist attractions'.

Mr. CHA, due to his Hongkong citizenship, is often known as CHA Leung Yung. He bears the name as an author as either 金庸 KAM Yung (Jin Yong) or Louis CHA.

amazon.com has his novels in English
Aug 21, 2007 03:45
  • ZOEY
Though I am fond of watching TV series adapted from his novels, I seldom read his novels. Maybe I should find several novels and read them. I heard that extracts from his works are selected in the Chinese textbooks. Meanwhile, less articles written by Lu Xun will appear in the Chinese textbooks because some experts think that some of the articles are suitable and can not keep pace with times.

What do you think of Jin Yong's novels? Should the novels be involved in the textbooks?
Aug 30, 2007 21:06
  • DYLAN0428
actually,tian long ba bu is not chinese name ,it's origin is Buddhism.:)

Aug 31, 2007 22:44
  • LEOPOLD219
Many TV series on his novels have been filmed. However, not all of them are successful. I prefer the 1983 edition of the Legend of the Condor Heroes.

Aug 31, 2007 22:47
  • LEOPOLD219
No.2

Tian Long Ba Bu is also good. Huang Rihua who acted in the 1983 edition of the Legend of the Condor Heroes also atcted the character of Qiao Feng in Tian Long Ba Bu.

Oct 20, 2007 03:56
  • DREAMLIFE
I wonder whether Jin Yong has visited these mountains or not. How could he depict them so beautifully?
Nov 5, 2007 21:55
  • FAERIEQUEENE
Mr. Cha has visited these locations, he was photographed in china national geographic some time ago playing chess on the summit of Huashan, behind the pines and sea of clouds
Page 3 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Ten tourist attractions in Jin Yong's Kung Fu novels!!!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code