Menu
waiting for a fiance visa
Jul 6, 2008 22:00
GUEST15483 I got back from China on Christmas Eve, mailed in my K-1 Visa petition to the USCIS with all required documents, photocopies of my plane tickets, all pages of my passport, pictures of us together, on January 2nd. In March, we got notification that the petition was approved and being forwarded to her local US Consulate. Around June 1st, my gal had gotten her "Packet #3" forms from the consulate filled out and mailed back. Last week, at the end of June, when I emailed an inquiry to the Consulate there, we were promptly notified in response that her interview date was scheduled August 13th, and she received her "Packet #4" forms a few days later, like clockwork.

So, her case has progressed quickly and right on schedule relative to the potential processing timeframes I had read about on the USCIS and US Consulate FAQs. Now, if she passes the interview on 8/13, she could pick up her visa from the post office near the consulate as soon as two days later. In total, it will have taken right about 8.5 months from petition's submission to interview date.
Jul 24, 2008 08:41
GUESTWESTMC45 I will start this process and need some help. Should I get a Immagration Lawyer ?
Jul 26, 2008 18:21
  • BULLSEYEGUY
Hello,

How is your new imported bride working out??

I have just found this website, and obviously read your posts. I am embarking on a similar adventure as yours was. (I leave next week to actually meet my "mail order" wife. We have been writing for several months now, and plan to marry in China...even though we may still need to marry here to satisfy the US immigration officials)

I am interested in how the immigration process worked out for you. I am also interested in how your new wife has acclimated. My fiancee is very dedicated to her (our) new life here in the states, but I know that she will have some difficulty with the severe cutural changes she is about to make.
I would be interested in any advice or wisdom that you may be able to offer.

Do you know of any Chinese ex-pat blogs or websited where my new wife might be able to get in touch with other women who have done the same thing?

Thanks!!

Brad

Aug 17, 2008 11:52
GUEST33225 Hello all,

I was just wondering if its appropiate to put all documentation in a binder with index. It looks more professional & easier to read.

Thanks a bunch.
Sep 2, 2008 19:00
GUEST23056 I met a woman on the internet. She lives in China but is from the Phillipines.Will this cause problems if we try to get her a fiancee visit? Do to both of us not having alot of money we may only see each other once before we file. We have emailed extensively though to each other for 6 months. What do you suggest?
Dec 1, 2008 18:06
GUEST19757 Hello Ron. I am getting married to a Chinese girl also. We have already started the visa process as well through an immigration attorney. My fiancée currently lives just outside of Zhongshan City in the Guangdong Province. I have traveled to China twice in the last two years and intent to go hopefully sometime this coming January 2009. The only advise i can give anyone who intends to marry a woman from china is to re-assure her over and over and over that things will work out. I also tell my fiancé that if she has any doubts about the relationship or coming to the USA, not to come to the USA until she feels comfortable and is 100% sure. I remind her that although getting used to the way of life in the USA will be difficult, it is not impossible. Thousands of immigrants come here daily and they make it on their own. My fiancée happens to be highly educated and is fully English/Chinese bilingual. I tell her that her bilingual skills alone are highly marketable here in the states, not to mention her work experience. I always say to her that she will have my unconditional support when she comes to the USA. I happen to be an immigrant myself and i know firsthand what is like to leave everything behind and come here. Just remember Ron, our fiancés are leaving everything behind for us. The least we can do is support them in every possible way and help them succeed. I wish you the best of luck. Bao Zhong Ron. Fernando in Tampa, Florida.
Dec 2, 2008 20:56
GUEST26190 I just read your piece and was interested in getting in touch with your travel agent as i just returned from meeting my fiancee who lives in Shenyang which is just north of Bejing. I am planning to go back in the spring.

Best wishes, Tom
Dec 3, 2008 22:56
  • SOONERTIM
Hi, Ron, my name is Tim. I am from Oklahoma and I too am wanting to marry a Chineese lady and I am just starting to gather the info needed to do this. Can you give me some advise on what i need to do; cost and time frame that I am looking at? I appreciate any help that you can give me. Thanks and good luck...Tim.

Dec 3, 2008 23:39
  • SOONERTIM
Fellas, my name is Tim and I am from Oklahoma. I have been reading the Q&A between the two of you and want to say Thank you VERY much. It has given me much insight to all this. There seems to be so much paper work and so much time-consuming steps, but I know that they are needed, so thank you for your openness on all the questions. I do have one really big question that has entered my mind as I have started to grasp how detailed this whole process is. This is a real embarrassment in my life but I need to know: I have been married & divorced 6 times...not because of abuse or adultry on my part, or drugs...nothing like that at all. I just had some ladies that had too much free time and decided to checkout other mens beds. Is that going to be a problem? I welcome a background check because, like I said, there was NO abuse, drug, adultry or anything like that. Will that hurt me and my Ping at all? Be honest and don't worry about tellin' like it is, please. Thanks, Tim in Oklahoma.
Dec 12, 2008 07:06
  • PALAMEDE
rogernica,
hi, im dan, living and working in WA (canadian)
I plan to go to guangzhou in 2 months, to marry a nice chinese woman.Could you tell me please info about the flight from san fr, and the site address in LA?
thanks for your time
PS. appreciate your wise advice, about interracial marriages !

email: yahoo.com|bradaur
Page 4 of 6    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: waiting for a fiance visa
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code