Menu
waiting for a fiance visa
Dec 9, 2007 12:59
  • ROGERINCA
PM was sent to you with the info you requested !!
Dec 9, 2007 13:11
  • ROGERINCA
Just as an FYI, for those who have posted in this thread; member Ron's fiancee was successful in her interview at the Consulate in Guangzhou, last week.

She has her visa and he is with her now, up in Harbin, getting her ready to travel to the USA, in about another week.

He filed a couple of months prior to me and before the slowdown, due to the large fee increase, and the resulting flood of applications, trying to beat the increased cost. There were a total of 2.4 million applications for immigration visas to the US this past year, over a million more than the year before, as reported on one website, I read.

That slowdown with the USCIS/DOS system overload, will cost me about two more months of waiting/processing time. Although, part of the fee increase is to hire/train more agents to address the huge workload.
Jan 5, 2008 06:07
GUESTJEFF Hello,

I happened upon this site a month ago and found it very useful. Thanks to all that has posted. ROGERINCA could you please send me the link to the website for the support group for people waiting for k1 visas? Thanks so much.

I met the love of my life using Skype on 10/03/06. I used Skype to chat with people all over the world. I became particularly interested in Chinese culture and the rest as they say is history. I filed the I129f petition on 10/11/07...received receipt notice I-797 on 11/08/07. We had a traditional wedding (wedding feast on Dec.9th) the last time I visited her. Visiting her again during the spring festival (Feb 8th). This will be our third visit.

It is so hard to wait like this. These are things that I have done and would recommend to others to help pass the time and to learn all you can about Chinese culture:

1. Host a Chinese exchange student. He has become an invaluable source of information. From the things he has said I can see why college educated women from China have the desire to look outside the country to marry. Men think of themselves as "little Emperors". In my opinion avoid women born after 1980, they are likely to be just as bad. Pacific Intercultural Exchange (PIE) is the organization I used to host the student. They do an excellent job of screening the students. He is here for the 2007/2008 school year.

2. Use a service like Skype, Yahoo, or MSN to make friends and chat for free. People in China are the friendliest and they are just as curious about the US as we are about them. I hope for both of your sakes that if you are going to marry a Chinese woman that you love and respect thier culture.

3. Read as many books as you can find. "Fiance and Marriage Visas" useful if you do not use a service to do the application. "Romance on a Global Stage" a hard read but the later chapters are very very good. "April and the Dragon Lady" a true story written by a teen for teens but it is funny and it gives good insight on issues you may not have thought about.

4. Some interesting links:
http://acc6.its.brooklyn.cuny.edu/~phalsall/texts/chinwomn.html
http://www.ins-fiance-visa.com/ins-fiance-visa-process-consular.html http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?autocom=custom&page=exampleq
http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/kvfaq.html
http://www.visapro.com/Immigration-Articles/?a=374&z=36 http://www.usavisanow.com/k1fianceevisakit.html http://www.skyweb.net/~rlls/interview/k1int_1.html#CH
http://www.mnllp.com/detailK0901eng.html

I hope this helps.............
Jan 5, 2008 23:55
  • APAULT
GuestJeff: Yes many women in China perceive western men as being less dominant and more caring, though I always point out that many western women do not agree!

In discussions with several women in China it seems there are a number of issues. In the case of divorce, the higher income earner is usually deemed to be the most suitable parent...so usually the man gains custody and the child is brought up by his parents as he is working and has no time.

In the case of domestic violence which the law prohibits, the police rarely take action. One friend said she cannot just leave her husband because he would fiund her a beat her up, and if she seeks a diviorce she loses the child. Recently, because of the rise in divorces, the government has determined to make it more difficult to divorce.

As an impoverished male divorcee, I feel that some western countries have gone too far and now the divorced father is discriminated against, but it is a pity that the law in China is not being applied to give women the fair treatment it prescribes.
Jan 13, 2008 11:21
GUEST31138 Hello Guys
Just wondering how your life is with Lao Po. I am wanting to marry soon with Chinese I have dated for 4 years while travelling to China.
Also could you send the support group info.
Feb 11, 2008 18:50
GUEST17294 HI,DONT TAKE ANY OF THIS WRONG JUST BEING HONEST, ITS REALLY IMPORTANT THAT YOUR GIRL SPEAK ENGLISH, EVEN IF YOUR CHINESE IS GOOD, IN MY FRIENDS CASE , HIS FIANCE WAS HAVING A FRIEND OF HERS CHAT FOR HER ,SO IN FACT MANY OF HER TRUE PERSONALTY TRAITS WERE DIFFERENT THAN HE EXPECTED BUT CONSIDERING HER LOOKS HE LET IT GO. BUT THINGS LIKE BEING A DOG LOVER AND BEING GENTLE,ECT. WERE NOT TRUE. IN MY CASE I WAS LUCKY. BUT MAKE SURE OF HER TEMPER, THE REALITY IS, GET THE BEST LOOKING GIRL YOU CAN , IF THEY ARE SINCERE, THEY ARE SINCERE,IF NOT ,THEY ARE NOT. MY GIRL IS VERY SEXY 15 YEARS YOUNGER AND A NICE GIRL. OH YES SHE LIKES DOGS. I KNOW SOME GUYS CHINSES WIFES HATE,HATE,HATE DOGS. DONT LET YOUR GIRL BOSS YOU AROUND"REALLY" IF YOU DO THEY WILL RUN WITH IT. ITS JUST THE WAY THIER CULTURE IS, ALSO AVOID DIVORCED GIRLS,OR GIRLS WITH KIDS, MOST EVERY ONE WAS DIVORCED FOR A REASON,AND THE ONE GUY THAT I KNOW ,THAT DID BRING HIS WIFES KIDS HERE IS ALREADY ENDURING SMART MOUTH BEHAVIOR BY HIS "NEW STEPSON. I AM VERY HAPPY TO HAVE A GIRL MUCH HOTTER THAN I COULD GET HERE AND IM LUCKY SHES A GOOD GIRL. BUT ITS A CHANCE NO MATTER WHAT. GOOD LUCK AND SERIOUSLY DONT BE SHY TO PICK THE BEST LOOKING GIRL YOU CAN, TEST HER TEMPER AS BEST YOU CAN. AND EVEN IF SHES NOT PERFECT SHES A LOT BETTER THAN MANY AMERICAN BITCHS. WHEN I BRING MY WIFE AROUND OTHER AMERICAN WOMAN, YOU CAN SEE THE ANGER IN THIER EYES ,HA, ONLY PROVING HOW ROTTON, AMERICAN WOMAN ARE. MY CHINESE WIFE LOVES SEX IS SEXY AND VERY EASY GOING I LAUGH WHEN I CONSIDER THE LOOKS DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HER AND ME,BUT WHY NOT LIVE YOUR FANTASY. I AM GOOD TO HER ,SHES HAPPY,IM HAPPY SO WHY NOT ,REALLY! GOOD LUCK TO YOU.
Mar 6, 2008 08:47
  • RYLEE324
I have a few questions about the paperwork procedure (filing the petition). To give you a little background, we are both single, never married, and without children.

(a) Exactly which forms does my fiancée have to fill out and sign herself? (if any)

1. Just the G-325A?

2. Does she fill them out in her native language or in English?

(b) At this point, (filing for petition) must I send an affidavit of support?

(c) On the I-129F form, there is a line that states, “If your fiancé(e)'s native alphabet uses other than Roman letters, write his or her name and address abroad in the native alphabet.”

1. She is a citizen of China, but lives and works in Tokyo, Japan. Should she use Chinese or Japanese for the address?

(d) The Social Security Administration recently sent me a letter stating that I had only made (roughly) $12,000 for 2006. This is not true and does not support my tax statement of over $31,000. Just to be on the safe side, should I send copies of my W2 forms for that year?

(e) Could you please send me the contact information of the lawyer that you used?
Mar 19, 2008 11:13
  • ROGERINCA
Reply to previous post:

(a) Exactly which forms does my fiancée have to fill out and sign herself? (if any)

1. Just the G-325A?

---No, that is only one of the forms. The I-129F is the primary form for a fiancée visa. You can go to the USCIS website for more info. Also the USCONGUZ website.

2. Does she fill them out in her native language or in English? You fill out most of the forms.

---A small portion of the I-129F must be filled out in Chinese.

(b) At this point, (filing for petition) must I send an affidavit of support?

---No. You will provide that much later in the process.

(c) On the I-129F form, there is a line that states, “If your fiancé(e)'s native alphabet uses other than Roman letters, write his or her name and address abroad in the native alphabet.”

1. She is a citizen of China, but lives and works in Tokyo, Japan. Should she use Chinese or Japanese for the address?

---This is the portion that would be in Chinese.

(d) The Social Security Administration recently sent me a letter stating that I had only made (roughly) $12,000 for 2006. This is not true and does not support my tax statement of over $31,000. Just to be on the safe side, should I send copies of my W2 forms for that year?

---The SSA letter has nothing to do with the income on your tax forms, which is what must be supplied along with the affidavit of support, later on.

Visa Journey: visajourney.com will have all the sample forms and guides as well as timelines.

Note: The entire process has slowed sharply, now close to 12 months for this visa, as of this date.

Jul 4, 2008 04:48
GUEST48183 how old are you and how old are your wives? I'm just curious.
Jul 4, 2008 15:40
GUESTSAZZZ I'm 78 and she is 25,
Page 3 of 6    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: waiting for a fiance visa
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code