Menu
Chongqing Youth Hostel
Aug 15, 2007 12:31
  • APAULT
The Chongqing IYH is one of many new ones. It has been open a year but has never appeared in the Chinese YHA website,, www.yhachina.com (and that is currently not working since a new version was introduced about 2 weeks ago.)

It is nice and new inside but somewhat sterile. It is not very hostelly and has no info on the walls or whatever. It is cheap at 25 rmb for a dorm bed for members. But only 1 shower for each of male and female.

To get there from the old railway station go up the steps on the left and catch the 872 which goes past the laneway to the hostel... look for a fish shaped sign on the right in Xiaoyue Lu. If you get as far as the river get off and go back up the hill about 200 metres. From the North railway station, catch the 323 bus, 3 rmb and about 40 minutes, You will have to get oiff at the top of Xiaoyue Lu and walk down a bout 400 metres. (the 873 goes into this road too but I don't know where it comes from)
Aug 15, 2007 20:10
  • BBQQ
Thanks for sharing, Paul. Next time when I go to CQ, I can choose this hostel.
Aug 18, 2007 01:44
  • JABAROOTOO
Thanks Paul,
I had seen this advertised on another site but wondered if it was affilliated or not. Private rooms seems to be about the same as cheap hotels but this is normal. Is it in Jiefengbei District. Sounds like Chaotianmen???

Did you climb all those stairs to LiangLu kou to catch the bus? I did it the first time and like many visitors to CQ we have missed the Escalator which takes the effort out of it for us. I haven't taken the stairs either way since. Y1 each way for the escalator. You take the subway to the left of the station - there is a big sign in the station court but we all seem to miss it and it arrives at the top of all those stairs.

Sorry to tell you after you've slogged it.....

Post a Reply to: Chongqing Youth Hostel
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code