Menu
"My first dilapidated shoes, my kids' toys"
Aug 29, 2007 23:06
  • JIMMYB
Recently, a report from New York Times said, because of the shortage of young labor in Peal River Delta( China's manufacturing centor), the US price index of goods imported from China has increased.

The has-been cheap consumer goods in US grocery and Wal Mart became expensive.

"Rarer, Dearer!"
Sep 6, 2007 23:22
  • LEOPOLD219
The day before yesterday, I read a report, which stated that numerous average people in the Western Countries were defending for made-in-China products.Their statements are that the overall quality of made-in-China products was quite good according to their use of Chinese goods in the past years. Addditionally, the easy availability of Chinese goods has brought much benefits to their daily livings.

At the groceries in their neighborhoods, made-in-China products were quite popular, and had brought much convenience to their daily existence.
Sep 8, 2007 19:34
  • ERENCIUS
Yes indeed, the made in China is everywhere. Most companies are using it to lower the labor costs. So most of the profits made because of the low cost production is earned by foreign companies. The reputation of these products is decreasing but as many people are not especially rich, it still finds buyers (and this will last for a long time untill we found more competitive than Chinese working poor). Innovations are necessary for Chinese to increase the quality of there products. They also need to improve their quality control: the more innovations they make, the faster they will emancipate from foreign nations.
Sep 13, 2007 21:22
  • YVONNE

"The reputation of these products is decreasing but as many people are not especially rich, it still finds buyers (and this will last for a long time untill we found more competitive than Chinese working poor)."

Erencius, do you really mean that made-in-China products are generally of poor quality? It seems that your idea is that the popularity of made-in-China products is not due to the quality, but because of its low price.

As far as I am conern, made-in-China products are generally good, may not be as bad as you think they are. Actually, for the most working poor in the developed western world, the availabity of cheap items bring them great benefits. Imagine, without made-in-China products, what would the life of working poor in US and Europe be like? You know, the working poor has been deprived of the access to up-market goods, which are the privilige of the few rich.
Sep 17, 2007 06:07
  • ERENCIUS
I got a good idea of what could be the life of the poor people in Europe without it. Yes and of course it's popularity exists only because of the price. The quality has stricly no link with it. Thing we really need in Europe are cheap products.
Sep 18, 2007 04:36
  • FRANKENSTEIN
"I got a good idea of what could be the life of the poor people in Europe without it."

So, Erencius, what is your good idea? Without Made-in- China products. "The quality has stricly no link with it". By the way, do you think most made-in-China products are poor quality?
Sep 18, 2007 17:24
  • ERENCIUS
Most of them yes, clothes for instance are really bad. But on the other side computers' quality is not so bad (this is though an expensive product). However, the number of cheap Chinese products sold is much higher than the number of computers sold.
Life without this kind of products for poor people would just be impossible by now. That's all what I meant. Cheap prices come from cheap quality and from the exploitation of Chinese people. Once the Chinese standard of living will increase they will loose this advantage.
Sep 22, 2007 04:02
  • LEOPOLD219
"Clothes for instance are really bad".

Well, Erencius, I am not sure how you have reached such a conclusion. Did you compare the cheap Chinese products with the up-market clothes displayed on the fashion shows? Maybe you are right for saying that "Cheap prices come from cheap quality". Frankly speaking, I do not favor your statement in a full sense. Perhaps, you should say that cheap prices comes from cheap cost? You equate "quality" with "cost"? Does " low cost " necessarily means " cheap quality"?
Sep 24, 2007 05:59
  • ERENCIUS
Quote:
Does " low cost " necessarily means " cheap quality"?Does " low cost " necessarily means " cheap quality"?

Answer:
"Cheap prices come from cheap quality AND from the exploitation of Chinese people."
I do agree cheap quality comes from cheap cost but i wont favour this idea because of what i mentioned just above, and because low costs are often linked to the use of forbidden products in Europe (for example: inflammable textiles that are cheaper...).
Sep 24, 2007 06:01
  • ERENCIUS
sorry: products that are forbidden in Europe
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: "My first dilapidated shoes, my kids' toys"
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code