Menu
To find her dog or start her university study?
Aug 22, 2007 04:52
  • MIRANDAZHAO
Lin Xiang, a 19 years old Chongqing girl, lost her dog for two months.
Two months ago, she just participated in the Colleage Entrance Examination and was accepted by a university in Shanghai.

But when she knew her beloved dog was lost, she decided to stay in Chongqing to find it. That is to say, she had to study for another year and apply another university in Chongqing.

I really can't understand her behavior, but her parents support her!!

What's wrong?

Aug 22, 2007 05:04
Oh, 天哪!
Aug 22, 2007 10:25
  • LIONPOWER
天哪!what is this?
Aug 22, 2007 15:35
  • GRIZ326
天哪 translates in Wenlin as "Good Lord!"

If you lost a family member would you move to Shanghai and leave them all alone?
Aug 22, 2007 21:34
  • ZOEY
Good Lord? 天哪 is a interjection. It is the same with 'Oh, my God.' in English. The girl loves her dog too much. But she should not give up her study.
Aug 23, 2007 03:56
  • EVENING
Yes I also think she should not give up her study.
Griz, you can't compare a dog with a family member. That's different. : )
Aug 23, 2007 13:46
  • GRIZ326
Consider it in this light for a moment, Evening. I have been alone (even when I lived in big cities) for 25 years. My dog is my only nearby family. She is loving and loyal beyond human capacity (save for the bond between mother and child); she has comforted me in difficult times, alerted me to danger and has even defended me from aggressive people and animals. It is difficult for me to separate her from my human family and my best human friend. When a dog and a person bond it is a family bond resembling the bonding between dogs in a pack of dogs which is much stronger than the bonds that tie people together. I do not consider my dog a possession or livestock even though you could correctly say that she is both.

This young girl should absolutely continue her studies and may have carried her youthful exuberance a bit too far, but I understand the sentiments of her actions.

Aug 25, 2007 22:26
  • EVENING
Now I can understand you.
Really when a man is lonely, dog would be a best friend because they're loyal. Perhaps I should buy a lovely dog for my grandpa. He lived alone in the countryside.
Aug 25, 2007 23:29
  • GRIZ326
Dogs and people can have a special bond. If your grandfather likes dogs, a good dog will be a good friend to him. If he has no special desire for a pet, perhaps a dog would only be a bother. It depends on the individual.
Aug 26, 2007 04:34
  • BBQQ
Griz, your dog looks so cute!
Aug 26, 2007 09:13
  • LIONPOWER
Dog and horse, loves his master too much!
Post a Reply to: To find her dog or start her university study?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code