Menu
Marilyn Monroe VS Audrey Hepburn
Jun 3, 2010 19:08
GUEST56858 i'd have to say these two stars are my favorite. and living in this time i'm seeing that stars are becoming even more degrading then was acceptable a year ago. to me these women are two classic beauties for different reasons; hepburn is so elegant, she's an amazing actress and she made her life worth something. monroe created a sex symbal and changed the appearance of feminism. these are all thoughts...
Jun 7, 2010 18:54
GUEST34096 MONROE, hands down !
MM was stylish, smart and beautiful, I mean : look at her smile ! She's the only person that I see smiling and say to myself 'WOW'.
She was not perfect. She was not the most beautiful or the most stylish woman, neither the best actress, but she is the best !

I quote : "Audrey Hepburn is CLASSY and Marilyn a hoe" LMAO
To those who are saying this : have you just read a little about AUDREY HEPBURN ?

Audre Hepburn was a 'hoe' herself, if you think Marilyn was one (I don't). Hepburn had numerous affairs, with married men and while she was married. But still, you think that this is classy, I dont share the same values.
It's also proven that she suffered from anorexia... Well, she doesn't appear like a role model to me.

There is no St Audrey and Evil (or cheap) Marilyn... They both made mistakes !
Jun 28, 2010 14:47
GUEST71058 Monroe and Hepburn are like two sides of a coin. A person who loves one and despises the other is ignorant and demode.

With that said, my vote is Audrey. She was simply the total package and she used every bit of it well.
Jul 3, 2010 09:00
GUESTLAURA I have never heard of Hepburn having an affair whilst married other than a rumoured relationship with her co-star Albert Finney, but in her defense it can be assumed that her and her husband were separated at this point in time as there was also strong rumours that he had a new girlfriend. I also know of a brief relationship with William Holden, again a co-star of hers in movies such as Paris when It Sizzles and Sabrina, I don't think she was in a relationship with anyone at this point of time, but Holden was married. I've heard his marriage was already in a mess though and was looking like it was heading for divorce, he just happened to completely fall in love with Audrey Hepburn at this time (he was very open about how he felt about her). So I don't see those relationships as something that would reflect badly on Hepburn herself.

When was it 'proven' that she suffered from anorexia? I've heard (from numerous places, practically everywhere, including from her son) she was starved during WW2 in a Nazi occupied Holland leading to her being malnourished by the end of the war (starvation for years during a crucial development age doesn't just go away, it has effects through out life, hence her very thin figure), she was then helped by unicef at the end of the war (this as well as her will to love and help others is why she eventually worked with them to help starving children around the world, Audrey had never forgot how it felt to be truly hungry). After this she normally had very little appetite, which can be understood, but she ate healthily. Her son said she ate all her meals and even chocolate everyday, she rarely snacked between meals though. She would also have had to have a fairly healthy diet due to the fact she was a dancer at the start of her career (this came in handy for certain films such as 'Funny Face'). Although I understand where you get this belief from, a few biographies have hinted at a possible eating disorder, but all that knew her at the time say that she had a healthy diet, she just ate within reason, her diet rarely varied and neither did her weight. A quote from Audrey about chocolates: “I’m glad I like sweet things…But if I ate all I wanted, it just wouldn’t do. I’m getting better. Now if I get a box of good chocolates, it will last awhile, maybe for two hours. I used to eat them all without stopping until every last one was gone… I guess it’s a basic form of insecurity.”, does that sound like someone that suffers from anorexia to you?

Yes both made mistakes, but who was classy whilst making these mistakes? Hepburn or Monroe? My vote goes to Hepburn.
Jul 22, 2010 03:11
  • SOPHIAW
i prefer Monroe,i don`t care if she is blonde or not,she had a poorly life.
Everybody wants the type of Hepburn,while Everbody looks down uopon the women like Monroe.
People persue the one who is far away from them.
Sep 11, 2010 19:35
GUEST68136 Hepburn just shows everything a true lady is.
But Marilyn is just...the total opposite and shows that being a woman doesn't mean just being a wife and cook. She shows we're more than that so I do love her as well.
Sep 16, 2010 12:26
GUEST84226 Marilyn Monroe had a horrible childhood (tear*tear*) so that gives her an out to be a homewrecker? I don't think so. She had some severe "daddy issues" and unresolved demons in her life which ultimately led to her death...Which is terribly tragic yet no excuse to go around sleeping with everything married or not. If you really look at Marilyn Monroe there is nothing special about her-she is blonde, a sex symbol, and just stereotypical/not unique at all, who wore clothes that didn't fit, while Audrey had big brown eyes, a beautiful big smile, and style and class with every beautiful outfit she put together.

Modeling your life after someone like Audrey Hepburn can never be a bad thing for all of the wonderful things she did for UNICEF & every quote she has ever said. Just based on their quotes. lol. It's so funny because the difference between the things they say it's just unbelievable how anyone could ever say anything bad about Audrey Hepburn and how anyone could have Marilyn Monroe as a role model.
I obviously choose=AUDREY HEPBURN & HER STYLE, GRACE, & SELFLESSNESS. In the face of her struggles she turned around and decided to give back to others instead of take. She is the most beautiful and classy woman that will ever (along with Jackie Kennedy) walk this earth. Breakfast at Tiffany's, Roman Holiday, and Funny Face are my top 3 favorites that I recommend you watch. And for those who say Audrey was a terrible actress-she is one of ten (Marilyn isnt one of them) to win all four awards-tony, emmy, grammy, & academy....& Marilyn-nope nothing just 3 golden globes which is the same amount that Audrey Hepburn has. So nooo room to talk about Audrey's acting she was fabulous & did so much more than let steam blow her dress up.

It doesn't even matter who you think is prettier (even though Audrey Hepburn is more beautiful than Marilyn Monroe on her best day) but it is no argument that Audrey Hepburn had more class,style (Givenchy was her personal designer), was a better actress, and was overall morally a better person...oh and at the academy awards in 93 she won the humanitarian award.
Sep 28, 2010 19:40
GUESTBELIEBER! audrey hepburn 2 sure! shes an inspiration! shes beautiful
Oct 15, 2010 13:30
GUEST44232 I think that Audrey was an amazing women not to say that Marilyn wasn't and i respect her for being a larger women and not the size 0'0's that you see in hollywood now but id have to say Audrey
Oct 16, 2010 19:42
GUEST00174 Audrey all the way!!!
Page 12 of 20    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Marilyn Monroe VS Audrey Hepburn
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code