Menu
Marilyn Monroe VS Audrey Hepburn
Jan 14, 2010 23:56
GUEST45224 My two idols. Why compare? So silly. Both amazing, talented women. Two most beautiful women in history. Each in their own way.

If I was forced, I would have to say Marilyn Monroe was the most beautiful woman of all time and Audrey the most elegant.
Jan 22, 2010 11:56
GUESTAUDREYH...
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST29172 View Post

Marilyn Monroe is my idol. To the dumbass who said that in ten years Monroe would have became a crackwhore, who the hell are you to say what would have become of her in ten years? No one has any idea what her life was like except her. If your entire childhood was spent in ten different foster homes, who's to say that you would be half the person s...

If she was actually tired of it, she could’ve just, you know, quit posting nude and sleeping around, including with other people’s husbands. Not such a difficult feat. But then, sluttines aside, that's just ignoring how she wouldn't quit doing drugs and drinking. Yes, she had a bad childhood. Many people did. Audrey Hepburn herself almost died, but did she turn into a nude-posing homewrecker (and yes, btw, Marilyn's bra was found in Jackie and JFK's bed), attention whore (the nudes) and an addict? No. She overcame it and became a stronger person for it, a REAL role model.
Jan 22, 2010 12:05
GUESTAUDREYH...
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST04223 View Post

She was willing to admit that she was no better than anyone else. Audrey Hepburn has insinuated that women should want to be her. If you google Audrey quotes, then google MM quotes you can see the was Audrey was conceited. MM was never afraid to show the world what she had and the mistakes she had made. Audrey was always hiding who she really was. ...

A few questions, please:

Really? When did she insinuate that she was better? I've looked at just about all her most famous ones and I found her to be a very confident person despite being seemingly insecure. I don’t see how she ‘hid’ herself, especially considering it’s Marilyn’s lifestyle no one can agree on half the time. And yes, Marilyn WAS a slut. She was quite eager to pose naked and sleep with other men, including the married President, too. I can’t speak for you but if I wanted to show people what I had, it sure as heck wouldn’t be my boobs; maybe something that matters like my personality or mind.
Feb 11, 2010 06:19
GUESTTHE PER... hmmm... There is just something about MM that I am just not to okeen on. One reason, is that her fame...her icon status is all based on this superficial, almost generic image. There is nothing timeless about her. She has become this sort of kitsch figure. Her movies are woefully dated, I liked them as a child but it was never because I was paying attention to the acting or even looking for substance... It was all eye candy. Besides that, as I have grown-up, I found MM's movies to be mediocre... her acting could be wooden and her speech seemd nervous, she wasn't exactly funny... it wasn't like she had sharp, witty one-liners... I just dunno what is it about her that makes her so popular.Why she is viewed as the main figurehead of old hollywood. There were just so many other great actresses and more REAL beauties. I dunno i'm just ranting. Because someone is more famous does not tell of their importance nor of their talent, or substance as a public figure. With Monroe it is all image. So I would have to choose Hepburn. I find her as a person to be dignified, authentic, classy, noble, and she goes beyond just being an image like MM. She led a life that went beyond hollywood, she had values that went beyond superficial ones like fame. But anyways, I just think it is sad how Hepburn and Monroe , espeacially MM, are always recognized as the best of old hollywood. I think if you watch a clara bow movie, a greta garbo movie, a jean harlow movie, marlene dietrich, vivian leigh, ingrid b, veronica lake...then MM's fame would seem wierd. She doesn't even compare to real actresses like garbo or bette davis. anyways im ranting, i just don't understand why MM is everywhere and no one has a clue today about people like Lilian Gish.sex and a scandal always sell i guess over depth
Feb 11, 2010 06:24
GUEST53154 Monroe is all hype. She is an american product. There are even better sex symbols from the past. I choose Rita Hayworth!!! Black silk dress... nothing beats a black silk dress.
Feb 21, 2010 08:20
GUESTMIRANDA in my opinion i'd have to say that both of them were amazingly beautiful & talented in their own way.Marilyn was hot &very cuteeee,she's got some elegance,i like the way she acted in her movies,but 4 me Audrey is just a symbol of beauty,not only 4 me,as i know Audrey is the first beauty according to VOGUE,when Marilyn got 4th place.Audrey was a very elegant woman,she had such a honest face,I like the way she dressed,she was very pretty even without make up on.I prefer Audrey to any other stars,4give Marilyn Monroe's fans
Mar 14, 2010 18:37
GUEST52189 Most of the quotes that make Audrey Hepburn sound stuck up were not what she said but what her characters said.

Such as 'You could always tell what kind of a person a man thinks you are by the earrings he gives you. I must say, the mind reels.' said by her character Holly Golightly in Breakfast At Tiffany's not Audrey herself.

I was just bringing this to your attention as most people that share your opinion about Audrey are those who have read a list of quotes and not known when/where things were said and in what context.

In reality Audrey was just as self-conscious as Marilyn, if not more. She always felt ugly compared to the sex symbols of the time, she felt she was too skinny and that she had a funny face.

I find both of their stories very interesting and have spent a great deal of time researching their lives and the relationships they had with other people over the last few years. I do this because I love fashion, history and the film industry. They both have a certain magic in-front of the camera but I have to conclude that I ultimately think that Audrey was the better person, therefore I like her much more.
Mar 15, 2010 02:40
GUESTOIA ok audrey was classy and elegant and if you read her biographies you will see that at the beginning of her career she was a little depressed because she was not sure about her acting abilities although she was a great actress marilyn on the other hand did have diffculties as many of us do and dont forget she died young who knows if she lived what she became for me she was an ok actress with a great star quality she made a sucess of her own and she was a wonderful person
i am not defending marilyn as long as i think is to comparing is not fair they are both two great women and great stars and actresses and i hope they both rest in pease
Mar 25, 2010 08:23
GUEST80168 well in terms of beauty marilyn was stunnigly gorgeous and the sexiest woman in hollywood audrey was pretty well maybe was a better actress but the two women were amazing it is to sad that marilyn died so young .
May 15, 2010 07:14
GUEST25182 I Luv Both!!!
Great Inspirations for someone like mee who wants to follow in there footsteps!!!
Hopefully people will look up to mee in years to come the way i look up to Audrey and Marilyn!!!
Page 11 of 20    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Marilyn Monroe VS Audrey Hepburn
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code