Menu
Marilyn Monroe VS Audrey Hepburn
Jan 28, 2013 15:46
GUEST77254 I would have to say Audrey. Although both were utterly beautiful, they were both very different. Marilyn was more sex appeal, and most of her roles are ditzy blonde characters. Audrey on the other hand was more elegant and classy, and I guess I'm just more into that than the roles that Marilyn played. Audrey has more of a natural beauty as well. Monroe was a fabulous model, but she also confessed to wearing copious amounts of makeup, whereas Audrey hardly wore it at all. I perfer classy Audrey Hepburn.
Jan 29, 2013 01:30
  • GIFFER
I personally like Marilyn Monroe
she is most good looking actress in the world
Mar 1, 2013 08:45
GUESTMARINA,... Marilyn Monroe it's very beautiful girl and it's my favorite!
Mar 26, 2013 19:20
GUEST41196 It's interesting that Marilyn's comedic genius in films is not considered here. Some nobodies on this forum claim that Marilyn Monroe was not a great actress, when many directors and even actors like Laurence Oliver acknowledged her instict for acting and genius. She had a unique voice and could sing very well, and could dance too. She was absolutely beautiful, prior to any minor cosmetic procedures. Pictures in her youth display thick auburn hair, gorgeous sparkling blue eyes, and full luscious lips in a perfect oval face. Her body was the best in the business yes--amazing hourglass and NO she was not "full figured" most of her life. She was actually tiny, but very shapely. Marilyn Monroe is an Americal Legend, Audrey Hepburn was the less gifted of the famous Hepburns and not in any way exotic as it is often said. Catherine Deneuve kills her in looks if we are to compare sensual European actresses.
Apr 5, 2013 05:55
GUEST60164
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST38201 View Post

I have to say, Marilyn Monroe is easily the most minsunderstood female star, if not star. Often called a slut compared to Audrey, but was she really? Marilyn went through so much more than Audrey to get where she was. Audrey had so many oppurtunities while Marilyn had none. Yet you are speaking as if Audrey is more of a women than Marily...

LOL okay...world of arts? Frankly speaking the only world that Marilyn has legitimately influenced is world of speculative non-fiction. There are a lot of books and TV shows based on her to unravel the mystery surrounding her death & figure out if there was any big Hollywood player that she DIDN'T sleep with since its a well known fact that she slept her way to the top & didn't care if the guy was married. As far as her influence goes I can only remember two famous people that she has influenced and that would be Anna Nicole Smith (R.I.P) & Kate upton a.k.a talentless bimbos who are known for selling their sexuality. When a someone with minimum or no talent dyes her hair blonde and tries to be famous on the basis of her sexuality then she is said to be influenced by MM. Would you call that as a compliment or an achievement for Marilyn? Definitely not.

Marilyn's "influence" is due to her mysterious death,her affair with JFK and her sex symbol status (which is not a big deal cause Hollywood is not known for having shortage of sex symbols) In other words she is mostly remembered for all the WRONG reasons. I'm glad Audrey doesn't have this kind of influence in the world. Audrey is STILL considered to be a fashion icon even though fashion world is known for its dynamism. She is known for her angelic good looks,charm,charity work & grace i.e RIGHT reasons
Jul 24, 2013 22:29
GUEST02178 Marilyn monroe I have seen her movies and she is awesome
Mar 24, 2014 01:46
GUESTCONOR
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST38201 View Post

I have to say, Marilyn Monroe is easily the most minsunderstood female star, if not star. Often called a slut compared to Audrey, but was she really? Marilyn went through so much more than Audrey to get where she was. Audrey had so many oppurtunities while Marilyn had none. Yet you are speaking as if Audrey is more of a women than Marily...

I realise I'm a year and a half too late here, but I couldn't leave this stupid comment go uncountered. Audrey grew up in Nazi occupied Europe, suffered Anaemia and malnutrition, had her brother taken to a labour camp, saw the persecution of the Jews firsthand, was forced to give up her passion (ballet) simply because she was too tall and clawed her way up from the very bottom of the acting world. No-one can pretend Monroe faced anything like that. She had a tough, traumatic childhood granted, but nothing like Hepburn. The difference is she wallowed in self-pity and was a narcissist, whereas Hepburn wasn't so shallow and self-obsessed. Monroe's main impact was in creating a culture of self-pity that still remains to this day. Hepburn never forced her story on others, which is why it's relatively unknown - she didn't crave attention and pity like Monroe did. On a final note as to who's better simply in terms of acting ability, have a quick look at their respective Academy Award wins and nominations and you'll see why Hepburn is the undisputable better of the two
Aug 31, 2014 16:22
GUEST56333 People can be so ignorant, it's absolutely disgusting. Marilyn Monroe, just like Audrey Hepburn was a decent and dignified woman. She fell in love a couple of times(nothing wrong with that)and so did Audrey. The only affair Marilyn had with an on screen co-star was with Yves Montand but that was very briefly. Audrey also had an affair with an on screen partner and that happened after she filmed Sabrina with William Holden. It's amazing how people judge Marilyn Monroe even though they know nothing about her and regard Audrey as a saint. Marilyn was a self educated woman always eager to learn more about everything(proof that she was an avid reader), she always sought to improve herself and that's why she took literature and acting classed, she was the first celebrity to talk about child sexual abuse, the third woman to start her own production company, an advocate for civil rights during an era when that subject was totally taboo and a philanthropist way before Audrey Hepburn. Perhaps my love for Marilyn it's quite obvious but I have the same respect for Audrey too. So people who find themselves talking without having any clue should educate themselves.
Aug 31, 2014 16:25
GUEST56333 Marilyn a "larger woman"?? LOL. Marilyn would be a size 4 in modern measurements! Her Seven Year Itch dress didn't fit on a size 2 mannequin and had to be moved on a child body form. Stop making this woman look like she's a role model for full-figured or fat women. She was tinier than most women these days!
Apr 15, 2017 07:37
GUEST22319 Marilyn ❤
Page 19 of 20    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Marilyn Monroe VS Audrey Hepburn
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code