Menu
Marilyn Monroe VS Audrey Hepburn
Mar 24, 2008 14:11
  • SETH
Griz - are you sure about the association with Spencer Tracy? I read that that was Katherine Hepburn and not Audrey. Regardless, both Hepburns are more my type than Marilyn Monroe.
Mar 25, 2008 22:02
GUEST88131 "Monroe is better. Roman holidays made a star-Audrey, while Monroe made herself a star and she was more professional."

So not showing up to set, blowing your lines for 70 takes, and eventually having to read your lines off a cue card is more professional? Monroe's issues on set are legendary today, while few have bad to say about Audrey. She was kind to everyone on set, and was always professional, courteous, punctual and demure. And it was never about being a star for Audrey. She was an actress; it was her job that she happened to be damn good at doing. And someone who overcame her own vulnerabilties and suffering to help children around the world. It's that quality people should admire.
Mar 25, 2008 22:08
  • MARRIE
''help children around the world''

I am not questioning her great personality. I know Audrey worked with UN with a mission to help African children!
Mar 25, 2008 22:32
  • SUNNYDREAM
Monroe is more pathetic to me. A lot of people stereotyped Monroe as typical Blonde. Moroe has the amazing gift in acting. Just look at her brilliant performance in Seven Year's Itch, it will convince you. Moroe lived a very pathetic life. Her marriage life was terrible, it was due to her extreme innocence. She had a broken marriage with Arthur Miller. The inquisitive Paparazzi has driven her to suicide. They put huge pressure on her by unleashing enormous negative reports on her. Even after her death, the ruthless media exposed her naked corpse to the outside. Just like the song Elton composed for Monroe said, "it seems to me, you lived your life like a Candle In the Wind". I am confused why so many people just blamed Monroe. She is like a slight candle in a whirlwind!
Mar 25, 2008 22:54
  • GARYKINKADE
This is the same type of debate that we have here as to which is better, a Ford or Chevrolet vehicle. It doesn't make any difference now because the foreign imports(Japanese) are better.
Mar 27, 2008 00:08
GUEST88131 Marilyn is so-so in everything. Pretty, but def not a great actress. Even in the 7 year itch. She couldn't carry a film in a bucket. Look at her best films - Gentlemen prefer blondes, Some like it hot - she is not what made them good. It was the talent of her co-stars. I do like her in these pictures, but she is def the weakest link. Without Jane Russell, who was a great talent, Gentlemen would have tanked. Same with Lemmon and Curtis in Some Like it Hot. Hepburn could and did carry many and most of her films. She didn't earn five Oscar noms (and one win) with her pretty face. She outshone greats like Peck, Bogart, Grant, Astaire, etc in hr pictures.
Apr 30, 2008 08:25
GUEST14627 hepburn definately Monroe just plays a stupid blonde thats kind of a hoe... Hepburn is more of a lady
May 1, 2008 22:08
  • GARYKINKADE
Hoe!!...that was a goog one. Last hoe I saw was hanging on the wall in the garage, glad my wife wasn't with me.
May 1, 2008 22:59
  • MARRIE
hello, gary. I think it's time for you to run a school teaching american english slang. don't worry about the funding. msg in my junk mail says that millions of dollars were transferred to my unknow account.
May 2, 2008 07:49
  • GARYKINKADE
Yup...MARRIE.... you now have the funds to start your own business, and everyone else on this web site are going to receive millions, I think that's great, to the bank we will go. Tra la la de do do. Have a good day MARRIE.
Page 4 of 20    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Marilyn Monroe VS Audrey Hepburn
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code