Menu
Marilyn Monroe VS Audrey Hepburn
May 4, 2008 21:43
  • SUNNYDREAM
"Hoe!!...that was a goog one. Last hoe I saw was hanging on the wall in the garage, glad my wife wasn't with me. "

Gary, your speech is allegorical. I have some difficulties in understanding your speech. Can you explain what you mean?
May 4, 2008 22:16
  • GARYKINKADE
Hoe in normal English language refers to a gardening tool used to till the soil and eliminate weeds and is usually kept in a tool shed or garage. A previous post was using the term "hoe" (slang) to mean whore referring to MM(or at least that's how I interpreted it). So, I just combined the two into a little story saying I was going out to the garage to get the hoe hanging on the wall but instead it was a whore and glad my wife wasn't with me. Whew... It was just meant to be a joke....but, maybe not so funny..huh?
May 4, 2008 22:34
  • SUNNYDREAM
Thanks, Gary!

Americans often use Homophone to work as a slang?
To that guest:
Monroe is a talented actress who sacrificed a lot for her dream. Her permormance is brillant in Seven Year's Itch. She is expressive.
May 4, 2008 22:58
  • GARYKINKADE
Homophone...didn't even know the word existed, but there it is in the dictionary, I learned something new.
Question...It's appx. 10:30 P.M. here so must be 11:30 A.M. there on Monday which is a work day and yet more people in China are on this blog now , I would have thought more people from China on this blog on your Saturday or Sunday? Are Saturday and Sundays your work days?
May 13, 2008 20:12
GUEST12851 I posted previously, and while I definitely think Hepburn is the better and more beautiful actress, I object to Monroe being called a "hoe". She never really got the chance to play much more than the dumb blonde roles, when in actuality she was very intelligent. She was just, well, a mess and died tragically. I think Joan Crawford (talk about a fierce lady!) got it right about Marilyn:

"You're right. She was cheap, and an exhibitionist. She was never professional, and that irritated the hell out of people. But for God's sake, she needed help. She had all these people on her payroll. Where they hell were they when she needed them? Why in the hell did she have to die alone?" - Joan Crawford to George Cukor, upon learning about Monroe's death
May 13, 2008 23:09
  • GARYKINKADE
And at one time there was some controversy as to whether it was suicide or not. The story goes that she was involved with Jack Kennedy and maybe even Bobby and for some reason she felt misused and threatened to tell (whatever). A lot of different stories on her death.
May 15, 2008 06:41
  • KOXE98
I like both of them.
May 15, 2008 07:17
  • GARYKINKADE
A short and sensible answer, in my opinion.
May 28, 2008 16:18
GUEST83100 Hepburn for me as well! Audrey's my girl !
Jun 12, 2008 09:26
GUEST08240 marilyn is still my favourite......people who knew her better and did not have issues, feel intimidated of some sort or were malicious or had no real self esteem or were envious ,loved her and knew her better like she,had hereself said.... for herself.the image she had to adopt initially for her own sanity or survival was only an ''image"she ws not only not dumb but extreemly conscientious,humane,kind,noble and extremely sensitive not just touchy,selfcentered or "tyranical"but cared higher values ,morality which ):she felt disillusioned and,disapointed and angry at people when she did not find it in them even basic human values......believed they all had,which she was born with ,stupid as she was ...inspite of being so dumbshe faught the odds without sacrifizng herself to fulfil her dreams .she did not sleep her way to stardom but faught against it she had the courage not just to fight but to starve for her integrity and selfrespect but luck always came back to her and they came back with their film offers because of her popularity,but on her way she was drained,lost faith in people .
Page 5 of 20    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Marilyn Monroe VS Audrey Hepburn
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code