Menu
How do you relieve your stress and pressure?
Aug 23, 2007 22:23
  • JIMMYB
Hi, guys,

As the tempo of modern life continues accelerating, we all suffer some stress and pressure.

When you feel stressful, how do you handle it? Screaning, shouting, smashing your glass utensils, or crazy shopping.

Personally, when I felt stressful, sometimes I shouted loudly or sang crazily until my throat ached.

What are your ways to relieve stress? Are they effective? Share your experience with others!!!
Aug 23, 2007 22:29
  • MELODYCHOW
I just listen to some music, which seems a part of my life, wonderful !!!
go out for dining, singsing or enjoy myself in bars with my friends...

Try to find some hobbies and ease yourself !!
Aug 24, 2007 00:41
  • DAVEC
Stress and pressure are just part of everyday life for all of us. It is just a state of mind and needs to be dealt with as such.

Find yourself something to do which takes your mind away from it, hobby,reading,watch tv etc and then it is all forgotten about.

Proving that is it just in your mind.
Aug 24, 2007 02:52
If I'm feeling really stressed then I go to my local pub and have a few drinks, not too many though because that would make me feel worse,
Aug 24, 2007 07:07
  • DODGER
I'm with West,
a couple of bottles of cheap red wine and my troubles just seem to fade away...and in the morning I have a sore head to worry about.
Dodger.
Aug 24, 2007 12:03
No wonder you get a sore head Dodger, my tipple is usually 5 or 6 pints of real ale or lager depending on the time of the year, Summer it's lager, Winter it's real ale + the odd Brandy ( if I have a cold )
Nov 26, 2007 07:52
  • SHESGOTTOBE
If my work overwhelms me, I sit back and close my eyes for a few seconds. Sometimes I get up and talk to my officemates.

I read. I listen to music. I watch documentaries. I garden. I cook or bake. I shop. I travel.

Life has to be balanced. I do not neglect some aspects of my life. I work hard but I play hard too. I do the things I love so I guess I manage my stress level very well.
Nov 26, 2007 07:55
  • SHESGOTTOBE
I try not to sweat the small stuff too and try not to worry about things that I cannot change.
Nov 26, 2007 09:32
  • CARLOS
I hardly ever feel over stressed.
One of the best ways for me to avoid stress is work. I mean real work with hands, not selling, buying, meeting clients...no deadlines.

If I want to leave behind everything, I can make it happen at my cottage. There I heat sauna and carry water there. Takes about two hours. Very nice to do something without any hurry, drink some beer, then go to sauna and relax. In sauna all troubles feel so far far away.
Oh, this almost became a story about sauna. Well, maybe I sometimes really write about that.

Carlos
Nov 26, 2007 17:57
  • LIZXLI
Playing with kids is very interesting.Seeing all the kids' smile makes me happy.

Also I would like to keep close with the nature,taking a walk in the garden or planting flowers or trees is quite relaxing.
Nov 27, 2007 06:20
I did once have a problem with stress, about 6 years ago I collapsed at work with chest pains after a major fall out with a woman who constantly broke the building rules, I was wrong to lose my temper in the first place but I had a enough.
Thankfully I'm not a person who loses his temper very often, if I feel my anger coming on I walk away and calm right down before I deal with a situation, I'm told I can be very scary when I lose my temper.
I'm normally one of the most placid people you are likely to meet.
Alan.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: How do you relieve your stress and pressure?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code