Menu
Chinese Marriage
Oct 28, 2007 18:33
  • ROB04216
I am just back from China. We were married in Beijing on Oct. 3rd. Everything went easier than I could have hoped for. All I needed for papers was my travel documents and a certified copy of my divorce decree. I took these to the Consulate in Guangzhou, signed an affidavit stating that I had not remarried, and they gave me a Marriageability Certificate. We then flew to Beijing and were married in a catholic church there. Then flew to Urumqi, where she is from, and had the marriage approved by the government. It was all much easier than I expected. Now the Visa process begins. I can only hope that this goes as easy as the marriage did.

Oct 29, 2007 08:18
GUEST22134 hey i cant answer your question but i have the same problem i am from germany i life now in england and want to marry i
marry in china a chinese of course but i cant find really good information about what i need how old i have to be what i have to
do when i want to stay etc please help me . korina
Oct 29, 2007 14:25
  • CARLOS
All the best for both of You, Rob!

Now, all You need is patience. Like KTM475 said above, 9 months.......

I put our immigration license application in early Sep. It will be handled about Jan or Feb. After that (if decision is yes) takes about 1 month before my lao po comes to Finland.

So, be patient, Rob.

Carlos
Dec 30, 2007 13:36
GUESTGORD I live in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada and plan to marry a lady in Chongqing, China.
And having a problem getting answers as to what the procedures are. Any help or phone numbers I can get would be appreciated. Thanks in advance..........Gord
Jan 2, 2008 10:20
  • APAULT
I see no-one has answered u. Please search back threads over the last three months or so and you should find plenty of details. Then maybe you can ask onthe points that puzzle you - there are sure to be some!
Jan 9, 2008 16:32
  • SN00P
Hello, I am looking for a chinese wife. I am an american Citizen and I have no idea where to began. I am neglected to try any of those internet sites most of them are scams any suggestions? I do not know any Chinese people. maybe you can set me up with some correspondence. I am 28 years old and I'm looking for Chinese women a little younger please reply to my message. thanks
Jan 9, 2008 21:23
  • APAULT
Snoop: you can....
........get onto Skype and set the status to Skypeme
........find a Chinese in theUS to teach you to use QQ...(but make sure you have good spyware installed)
........find other forums and chat sites
........come over here for a visit and meet some girls AND their parents, see if you accept the culture because your wife will bring quite a bit with her. Come and teach in the summer...but you will probably only be able to teach in a private language centre

Feb 17, 2008 07:40
GUEST37164 I just got back from seeing My girlfriend that lives in china. We know each other online for 4 years. We talk about geting marry. But we just talk. What I want to know is that if it did come to marrying her what would I need to do and how to do. Im from the usa and need some help on know where to go and who to talk to what info I need to get eveything started.
Mar 1, 2008 03:50
GUEST87070 I need a singles certificate before I marry in China - UK passport holder;
I cannot find anywhere in UK where I get one? Please help.
Tsotan.
Mar 1, 2008 07:41
  • ROB04216
I am just back from China myself so that is the cause for the delay in responding. The best place to start getting information is the American Consulate in Guangzhou. They was very helpful and explained the process. I know it is confusing, there are "experts" all around that think they have all the answers. I was told to bring my divorce decree and very little else. It a few hours in the Consulate, had to fill out a form and pay the fee (240 RMB I think), and then I had an intervies with a lady that works there. After the interview she gave me the single certificate. Contact the Consulate in Guangzhou and explain your situation and I am sure they will be able to help you. Good luck.
Page 2 of 12    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Chinese Marriage
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code