Menu
Chinese Marriage
Apr 28, 2009 07:14
  • ROB04216
Hi Randy,
Thanks for the information. I went to your website and signed up for the newsletter. I'm trying to gather all the information I can. I've started getting papers and a photo album together.
I received a response to an email I sent to the Consulate, they have not received the papers from my lawyer yet, so I am trying to get hold of him now to see if he has indeed sent the papers out. Do you remember how long it was between the time the papers got to the Consulate and your wife went for the interview? I am also curious about the people at the Consulate. Did they treat this as an interview or more of an inquisition? I am just wondering how your wife thought she was treated. Thanks again for the information.

Rob
Apr 28, 2009 23:36
  • RANDYYING
Hi Rob

Trying to understand where your at in the process. Your attorney should of filed the I-130, you would get a receipt notice (I-797) about a week later. Then file the I-129F to the Service Center where the I-130 is pending with a receipt notice again in about a week. At this point your attorney is finished. After the I-129F is approved it is sent to the National Visa Center in Portsmouth, NH and I'm guessing thats where your papers are now. The next paper you should receive is an approvel notice from National Visa Center telling you what will happen next.

What will happen is, they forward your petition to the U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou China. This takes about 6 months for the Consulate to send your spouse the first of 2 letters. After she completes the requirments in the first letter, Visa Applications, Medical exam, Passport to the U.S. etc. they will review and send the second letter with an interview date. This takes about 4 to 6 weeks.

Attorneys should be telling their clients these things but I find so many people having the same problems. This was my reason for creating usvisatoolbox.com and collection case studies. It happen to one of my friends and as we branched out to other US Citizens who went to China for marriage we found more and more problems. In the newsletter you signed up to receive, I talk about Mark from Wisconsin who hired an attorney, it took 2 years and 8 months for his wife to get to the U.S. For my wife Ying, it took 8 months and I did the paperwork myself after my research.

The interview went very well for my wife Ying. It was a breeze, but we were prepared. Boy, I can give you some stories about interviews and what others went through but I'll save you that for now. Anyway, did you get a approval notice from National yet?

Randy
Apr 29, 2009 08:13
  • ROB04216
Hi Randy,

My lawyer sent the paket 3 forms (DS-230, marriage, birth and divorce certificates along with other papers) to the NVC about 10 days ago. He said now we wait to hear from them about when the interview will be. He told me that he filed another case, just like mine bringing a spouse from China, about a month ago and the interview date is in the first part of June. He didn't say if this other case had a child too or if that should make a difference. So by my figuring if I had the 6 weeks that he cost me back I would be heading for China about now. Yushan really wants me to be with them when they go in for the interview. I have expalined that I can not go in with them but I think it is just for moral support. From what I am reading on the USICS website, after she is approved she will need to go back in about 3 days to pick up the visas because they will not mail them out of Guandong Province. Is that correct? It seems strange but I'm sure that is what I read.
So that is where I am. I paid the Consulate filing fees the first part of March, and about 10 days ago my lawyer sent all of the forms and other papers to the NVC. I guess now it's a waiting game. (again)

Rob
Apr 29, 2009 15:14
  • RANDYYING
Ha Rob
Your case is very interesting. Maybe your attorney has intercepted the (I-797) receipt notices for the I-130 and I129F. NVC only reviews all cases that have been send first through the Regional USCIS office that has jurisdiction over your region. After NVC reviews each case (from all regional USCIS offices in the U.S.) and it is approved (you will see an approval notice) they forward it to the Consulate in China. This in all the cases I have reviewed has taken 5-6 months.

NVC doesn't set the interview date as your attorney says. The U.S. Consulate will do that. Also the attorney doesn't send the Visa Applications-DS230.....The Consulate does that also. This is the first letter sent to your spouse I told you about earlier. Did you receive any (I-797) notices, if not ask your attorney to forward any copies of I-797 or better yet an approval notice from NVC to you now. These are your documents that you paid for. They are also the keys to where your at and the time it will really take. After your spouse mails the first letter (or packet) back to the Consulate with the information and fees requested then and only then will the interview date be set.

Do you have any copies of approval notices or does the attorney have them? Your question about picking up the visa in 3 days, Yes this is correct. My wife picked hers up 3 days after the interview. She just told me that they could of mailed it to her but that could of taken 10 -15 days. I'd stick around and pick it up. Don't take any chances.

Take care,
Randy

P.S. Just though of something. You can check your case status with USCIS online with your case number at the top of your I-797 notice.
May 15, 2009 08:31
  • ROB04216
Hi Randy,
I did receive an I-797. Everything goes to my attorney first then he sends out to me. That's where the last problem was, the "Packet 3" information was sent to him, not to my wife. So, because of issues at his office (nothing is ever his fault) it took weeks for him to pass this request for information on to me and for my wife to get all the requested information together. I figure it cost me about 6 weeks, because I did know about this request for information when I was in China! He said he has another case like mine, bringing a spouse from China, He sent out the information about a month before mine was sent out, and their interview date is early June. From that I can only deduce that I should be in China now waiting for the interview, but I can only hope for a date sometime in July.

Rob
May 16, 2009 17:36
GUEST81669 hi i think it would be better to bring my girl friend from china on a visitor visa and get married here in my country new zealand i had a friend who got married in Thailand he had to wait at lest a year to get his wife into New Zealand he said the cost and the paper work it was so corrupt over there he said to me get her out here first then get married in your country what does any one think that i should get my girl friend out of china and get married here in New Zealand thanks
Sep 1, 2009 07:09
GUESTLIN
Quote:

Originally Posted by SN00P View Post

Hello, I am looking for a chinese wife. I am an american Citizen and I have no idea where to began. I am neglected to try any of those internet sites most of them are scams any suggestions? I do not know any Chinese people. maybe you can set me up with some correspondence. I am 28 years old and I'm looking for Chinese women a little younger pleas...

hi I just pass by your message . I think beofore you take an action , should come to china have some real life experience there . know things here better
.that helps you . mix-couple no easy to get together , a lot of things get through. I'm sure. I'm 25 , still young in my life . in my ages , girls arounds me some already settledown build family here in china , or fall in love . but I realize find right one need fate . so I hope you no rush .
Oct 25, 2009 00:46
GUEST11213 This confirms my suspicions about CHNLove. But in my case, the scam is more difficult to prove. I have been using this site for about a year to find my soulmate. The first woman I met there wrote to me for about 3 weeks. She said that she was living in the Netherlands, and since I was to go on a business trip to Italy, I decided to take a vacation before my trip, fly early to Rome and fromthere, pay my way to Rotterdam. She was so excited that I was coming over. On teh day that I left, she sent me her mobile number and said that she would meet me at the Central Train station at my expected time of arrival. I got to Rotterdam, she was not there. I checked in my hotel, went to sleep, and wrote to her on CHN Love the next mroning to try to find out what had happened and gave her my hotel number and asked that she called me. Three hours later, I get a call to my hotel. It is her sister who explains to me that Lucy and her had been away on a vacation for about 2 weeks and that they had just returned late Friday. She also explained that Lucy was very tired and could not meet me that day! I insisted and explained my situation, and told her that I was not impressed. About an hour later, Lucy's friend, whose English is much better than her sister calls me. I explain again and she tells me that she wil talk to Lucy and get back to me. I finally met Lucy that evening for dinner, with her friend. I learned that Lucy got my forst e-mail, that she called her translator in China and asked her to express to me her interest, which she did. But after that initial e-mail, Lucy never received any of my e-mails and the entire exchange of letters was strictly between her translator and me. This was why she was reluctant to meet me, she had no clue that we had a date! Things did not work out with Lucy. But the other two ladies Imet online since then led me down the golden path for about 40 e-mails each, and disappeared when I asked that they made arrangements with their agency so that we could chat on webcam (so that I could see for myself if they were real). I have heard about the money. It is indeed around 40k Yuen, and the lady pays for each e-mail that she receives and sends as well (double charges). The agencies do not translate your request for direct contact info, and in many cases, when a lady receives a letter from a man she is not interested in , the agency takes over and lures the man to waste his credits. The manipulation of ladies and male members is just unbelievable. CHNLove is also slowly migrating to another site (changing their name, but same business practices I suspect). Also, read their disclaimer and their statement that they have no responsibility whatsoever in what happens between the male customer and the agency. In short, they have no qiuality assurance. They are a mafia and are stealing money from mostly honest ladies.
Nov 8, 2009 19:17
GUEST57176 Yes, chinese marriage agency to meet foreigners charge the women a lot of money for their services 10000 to 50000 RMB and most women don't pay all the money up front. That's the way it works here in China guys... The marriage agency that introduces Chinese to Chinese also charges money. And if a woman is beautiful, and she meets a rich husband, she may have to pay more... a lot more! Marriage is important here, it may be more important than love, there are over 1.3 billion people and Chinese men and women are willing to pay to find the best and highest quality spouse they can. That being said, there are a lot of unscrupulous people Men and Women also marriage agencies. ChnLove is not good at keeping check over the agencies in their circle of influence. They also let many women on their site that are just there looking for a foreigner with a deep wallet! I was told by an ex translator for Changsha Love Bridge Company that the owner there teaches the women how to extort as much money as possible from the foreign men they are introduced to. I meet and married a girl Pei Xiaoying in Changsha, China from that agency, and once I told her she was spending too much money it was over between us... she divorced me that same week! She is back on ChnLove her profile # P216020 She has new and even sexier pictures. Guys if the woman's pictures are really sexy she is fishing hard for a man with money... a good Chinese girl would never have pictures of her breast half exposed and her underpants showing. If the picture says sex they also say money! Before warned ! ! !
Nov 21, 2009 22:14
  • UKBGBLUE
I have just met a girl that I am really interested on this website. Do you think I am wasting my time? It's hard to distinguish on this website. What do you think I should do, before I get to far into this?.. i am really confused, I have heard alot of bad things about this site, but also heard some good. Can you please help?... thanks alot....Bobby
Page 9 of 12    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Chinese Marriage
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code