Menu
Chinese Marriage
Nov 22, 2009 05:15
  • ROB04216
Blue,
Just be up front with her. Bring up the subject of money and let her know your not looking to pay off anyone elses debts. Good luck,

Rob
Nov 23, 2009 16:56
GUEST24100 Hi :

I've read many of the sites on the internet re. the chnlove scam, and here's my take for what it's worth --

Even if one were to buy the fraud that this site is repsonsible for, modern technology now provides what these scammers claim to do for you. Having travelled quite a bit, many fellows out there do not realize that China has what we would consider cosmopolitan centers and with such a large (billion(s)) population, it is not that hard for guys to do their own match-making without suffering great cost or becoming victims of swindlers like Chnlove. Many men in the west do not even know that chains like Starbucks are on every other street corner in China.

What I find disturbing are the Old Farts who, having paid money to this co., are now out there convincing other (often lonely) older Farts to do the same thing. Again, even if Chnlove were not scammers (which they are from all the evidence I have seen), why would you throw good money after bad? It makes more sense to use that money to actually travel to China. There are still free websites and forums that allow you to meet ppl overseas quite easily. Hope this helps you guys.
Nov 23, 2009 17:42
GUEST26211
Quote:

Originally Posted by UKBGBLUE View Post

I have just met a girl that I am really interested on this website. Do you think I am wasting my time? It's hard to distinguish on this website. What do you think I should do, before I get to far into this?.. i am really confused, I have heard alot of bad things about this site, but also heard some good. Can you please help?... thanks alot....Bobb...

Bobby,

If you, or anyone, is familiar with the internet, you can find your own matches in China from several different sources (forums, newsgroups, and dating sites that don't charge you any money). I know of a couple of 'dating' websites focusing on Asia that do not cost a penny. Just do a keyword search on the WWW.

Avoid those that say 'sign up' is 'free' then ask you to pay for 'options' - because you will end up paying for something when you really don't need to.

Yes, there are some guys who ended up paying an arm and leg. That's why it is confusing. But read between the lines. Generally, they are older (middle-aged or retirees) guys who are bent on signing up equally gullible guys to pay for a supposed 'service' one has access to thru the internet anyway. If you want to 'buy' a housekeeper who speaks no english, or little, english, then be my guest.

However, I have met ladies who are legitimate and some even had "studio" photos they had submitted to paid dating sites. So, after a while you will get a feel for "real" vs. "fake" (photoshop) photos, and wanting to see the Real Deal, not the Fantasy shots. Ironic, yes.

But the good thing is that they can communicate in english, are ladies you can actually develop a real relationship with, and don't require you to be the victim of extortion.

Fraud sites like Chnlove - they sell you a fantasy and pay for it. To see photoshoped images? Simple. If you are serious about finding a partner, do it the legit way. It does work.

Good luck on your search. Most importantly, save your money for your fantastic trip, not on some inflated fraud.

Nov 24, 2009 20:51
  • CNVANON
GOOD LUCK AND ENJORY IN CHINA WITH YOUR WIFE,

MY BLESS FOR YOU
Dec 11, 2009 04:57
GUESTGUEST7 Hi i am Ali,
last time to visit to china i got married to my girl friend, now i want to ask you guys that first time
i apply for L visa then how many months L visa i get and how many month extension i get on that first time, and later how long i can stay with my chinese wife, i am from pakistan, and can i apply for residence permit there now,
Dec 12, 2009 21:59
  • APAULT
As you are from Pakistan, it might not be too easy as the rules seem to be more strictly applied than for many others. You might have to produce evidence of booked accommodation (or a letter from someone saying they will accommodate you), a return air ticket, and prove you have sufficient funds for your visit. Start by looking for a visa application form from the internet from the Chinese Consulate service in Pakistan and see if that helps you, but then contact a Chinese Consulate that issues visas and ask, but you might have to visit in person as many people have said they are bad at answering the phone. Apply for the longest visa that you can, ask for 3 months and let them say ' no you can only have...days'.

Once in China, to obtain a further visa (technically it is a new one, not a renewal) you must visit a PSB exit and entry office. They might give you as little as 7 days, or much longer; they might give one new visa or two or three..... no-one can say in advance, it depends on the office. If you are married to a Chinese you are normally treated more favourably.
Dec 13, 2009 04:58
  • ROB04216
Ali,
Don't rely on getting an extension of your visa once you're in China. The last time I was there my visa was going to expire 2 days before my scheduled flight to leave, I tried to get an extension or a new visa, but they refused to give me one. I had to buy another ticket home on an earlier flight, because Continental Airline would not simply reschedule my return ticket to an eariler date. I contacted my embassy in Beijing and was told if I overstayed my visa I would be fined 500 Yuan a day (which I would have gladly paid) but they probably would not issue me another visa in the future. So they don't have to extend your visa. It's a gamble and in my case it was an expensive one.

Dec 13, 2009 22:21
  • APAULT
I have just heard two stories that you must show you have US$100 finance per day of your visa in a bank in China. However, one person was allowed to prove he had these funds overseas.
Dec 13, 2009 22:21
  • APAULT
I have just heard two stories that you must show you have US$100 finance per day of your visa in a bank in China. However, one person was allowed to prove he had these funds overseas.
Dec 14, 2009 03:38
  • ROB04216
I was told by both the US Embassy and the Chinese government that I needed to leave China immediately. As one last effort, my interpreter even tried to bribe the Chinese official but he would not budge. It’s been my experience that when any official there turns down a “courtesy” (it’s called a bribe here) he is serious. There was no discussion or questions, he just simply said no.
I was there in September, not too long after the riots in Urumqi, which may have had something to do with it. But the message “leave now” was clear from all sides.
Page 10 of 12    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Chinese Marriage
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code