Menu
How to deal with the lies and the lying liars?
Oct 27, 2009 17:55
GUEST53141 Well as far as I know, white or black lie is lie and it will come back to you 15. times harder than you sent it out to be. If somebody thinks they will get away with ''white'' lies, they are plain stupid and will suffer great consequences. You have to understand that when you lie you don't lie to others you lie to yourself, and self betrayal is the biggest crime one can commit upon himself. I don't know where Chinese got justification for their lies and their deceitful behavior but it must be form books like art of war or some other Confucian ideas about how to cheat others and try to get away with it. I see many foreign businessman being cheated every day and in the end they choose not to have any more business with Chinese any more, Ewer! So here is nice example what will happen at the end. Liars will loose not just their faces, they will loose their money, businesses and what is most important they will loose themselves. China is big, there is no dough about this, but world is bigger and Chinese will have to learn the hard truth about lying and cheating since the world will teach them this lesson! Every Chinese who thinks he can get away with lies and pretending and so on be aware of this!
I will leave you with a really nice and truth words of great man: Money come and goes, but morality come and grows.
Oct 27, 2009 22:19
GUESTANDY Guest53141,

I do agree with you that both white lies and black lies are indeed lies. However, I need to say that not all Chinese people are liars. Please don't be hasty in generalization. By the way, do you ever read Art of War or try to understand Confucian's ideas? If not, please read that book first and try to understand Confucian's ideas.

No investigation, no right to speak.
Nov 5, 2009 23:34
GUEST24177 I believe if you have to lie to someone is because you afraid to face yourself. It is sad when we hear something nice and later learn that was a lie.

Does not have such a thing such as white lies! white lies are lies, therefore aren't true, and if is not true it is a lie!

Don't be economical with anything, that is what I beleieve. If you tell the true does not matter how ugly it is, you are facing your soul. Make people happy with lies, take you steps close to your most ugly side.
Nov 7, 2009 02:33
  • CARLOS
A liar needs a very good memory. That´s why it is not suitable for me.

Catch someone from a lie, you can never trust again.

Carlos
Nov 19, 2009 15:29
GUESTTAYA I hate when my family lie so dam much.then they have the nerve to get mad when they've been told a lie.
Nov 20, 2009 04:37
  • DODGER
There is a huge amount of difference between a white lie and a black lie.
Your girlfriend/Wife/ Mother comes into the room after hours of getting dressed and says “do you think my bum looks big in this?”
What do you say? There are no prizes for the correct answer.
You visit a friend who is terminally ill in hospital, and he asks, “How do I look?”
What do you say? Again, no prizes for guess what you don’t say.
Dodger.
Nov 22, 2009 21:26
  • ICEBERG
Well, my parents once told me a white lie when I was in college. When I was in the second year of my college, my father suffered a very serious kind of illness. I was working as a tutor in Xi'an at that time. However, my parents kept this news as a secret and never told me. Every time I called my mom, she pretended that nothing had happened. When I finished my part-time job, I got back home and found the truth. I was very angry and complained to my parents why they didn't tell me because my dad was in ICU for two weeks. I told them that I was an adult and they shouldn't have kept my father's illness as a secret. However, they said that they didn't want me to worry about them and wanted me to finish my part-time job. Then I understood that they cared me much more than themselves.

They lied to me but I wouldn't complain to them.
Dec 10, 2009 21:53
GUESTAMMY I don't know how to deal with a Tiger transforming into a Cheetah ... yet but it sure ain't looking good!!
Mar 31, 2010 11:27
GUEST10223 My wife is Chinese and from near Beijing, she always calls herself very honest, but she also seems to lie about family things but says these are small things and she would never lie about important things? Lies are lies, but in my wife's views lies are only bad if they are ment to deceive someone in a bad way! She tells me lying is wrong, but I can often be too honest and hurt peoples feelings!
Apr 7, 2010 20:59
GUESTHAN But I think everyone tell lies. I wonder if anyone doesn’t have secrets. If you have one, you must have to tell lies to keep your secrets. Right? So if the lies themselves are not hurt anyone, it’s ok. But bad lies are unacceptable.
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: How to deal with the lies and the lying liars?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code