Menu
way to travel since Guangzhou to Shenzhen
Aug 29, 2007 15:05
  • NVTIAMAT
I need to travel since Guangzhou to Shenzhen, which transport can I take (the fastest)
How many hours it take to get there?
thanks
Aug 29, 2007 22:50
  • SASHA
Hi Nvtiamat,

Fastest and most convenient way is train, they have new "CRH" fast trains, journey is just around 50-60minutes, since trains can reach speed of 250Km/h ;-)

I'm travelling GZ-SZ every week and it's really a pleasure, no need to worry about the tickets, since train is departing every 20min, so you just go to EAST Train Station (Guangzhou DongZhan), and buy ticket for first available train, it's simple and easy like taking subway.

Tickets are 75rmb (10usd), trains going every 15-20min all day long.

Cheers,
Alex/Sale GZHK
Aug 30, 2007 03:36
  • APAULT
That's a good price, the buses are about the same price..or were, maybe they have had to lower their prices now.
Aug 30, 2007 04:19
  • FAERIEQUEENE
my experience was you can never buy the ticket on the spot for the next scheduled train, and my impression was there's a train only every 45-60 minutes. And sometimes only tickets without marked seats are sold. But the buses you can get on almost instantly, though it travels longer it can be quicker than the train given the waiting time. The buses (coaches) are comfortable.
Aug 30, 2007 07:58
  • SASHA
Hi Faeriequeene,

Maybe you had experience during some peak period such as festival etc? It can happened that way.
(they also had slower service during railway upgrade, can't remember exactly which month it was, it's all finished now)

I take GZ-SZ train every week, out of festivals it's really perfect, I travelled more than 200 times so far...
(since I was out of China last month, I didn't use recently, but I'm taking next one on Saturday, I'll keep you guys updated ;-)

Buses are very slow (not mentioning possible traffic jams) and uncomfortable (small seats, less space)... Those new trains are very nice and lots of space inside, not to mention that railway transport is much more safe than road transport... (and in 6th car of train there is bar and restaurant, it's really cool :-)

Cheers,
Alex/Sale GZHK

Aug 30, 2007 08:47
  • FAERIEQUEENE
That almost looks like a TGV, Alex, and I can see that you enjoy the train ride. I may have travelled less than 20 times so far, and the situation I was talking about was at the Shenzhen railway station, we could never get the tickets for the next train to GZ, and we did that always on a Saturday. For the way back I always took the GZ-HK, that did not pose a problem. I think I'll trust you and give a try on the GZ-SZ next time. Thanks for the comprehensive info:)
Aug 30, 2007 20:05
  • CHRISTINE
  • Community Moderator
Yes, the CRH trains are great. And it seemed that more CRH trains will be launched.
Aug 30, 2007 23:21
  • BETWEENUS21
no doubt train is the best n better option to travel between guangzhou n shenzhen - as it leaves regualrly and is the safest way. While buses may have less waiting time, but the highway can often be heavy traffic between these 2 cities and will take much more than the 60 mins by train. And altho the express buses are not supposed to pick up pax along the way - but the do it very very often n travel time takes 1.45 mins to 2 hrs on average.
Aug 31, 2007 07:17
  • NVTIAMAT
Hi!
Thank you very much for the info.
Cheers,
Nvtiamat
Oct 21, 2007 18:24
GUEST48132 Hi, I need to travel from Guangzhou to Shenzhen in early Dec with two options - Bus or train.... Apparently, from the forum the train seems to be a better option with about the same cost as the buses.

Anyone have any idea, which is a nearer or easier place to Shenzhen airport? From the shenzhen bus terminal or train station?

Thanks in advance...
Oct 23, 2007 10:57
  • BETWEENUS21
both train n bus stations in shenzhen are fairly nearby and both are in the city - it takes about 45 mins by coach to the airport from the train/bus stations.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: way to travel since Guangzhou to Shenzhen
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code