Menu
Advice needed on farewell to Insomnia
Aug 31, 2007 03:52
  • FRANKENSTEIN
Hi, guys,

Do you have a sound sleep? Well, terribly I don't in the recent weeks. I don't know why. Every night I fell asleep around midnight, while I can't help waking at six o"clock or before. You may wonder whether there is sth exciting in my life. I tell you the truth life goes as it usually does. Nothing exciting. What's wrong with me ?

I am not sure whether you have experienced sleepless night. It is really a pain to toss in bed. I have a friend who has a very good sleep, he can sleep soundly even in the midst of his roommates' snoring and loud stereos. I envy him very much.

Does any of you have good ways to get rid of sleepless night? I will appreciate.
Aug 31, 2007 04:30
  • KEVIN0518
Doing exercises is the best way to cure your Insomnia. You had better do some excercises during 4 to 5 in the afternoon or before 9 in the evening. And before going to bed, remember to drink a cup of milk (adding some sugar). Please try it. This is what I read in a newspaper.
Aug 31, 2007 06:32
  • DODGER
Frank,
it sounds as if you need a good girl friend.....
Dodger.
Sep 2, 2007 04:35
  • MELODYCHOW
a cup of milk with a piece of bread, that's good for a sound sleep. Hope you will be better ..
Sep 2, 2007 05:50
  • APAULT
6 hours sleep....luxury! I wish I could get that. Sleep is the hardest thing I have to do everyday. I can be falling asleep in a chair but when I go to bed...no chance. I have learnt to live on 4 hours a night when things get bad. But even in that 4 hours I might wake up 20 times. On this I was able to go to work and be effective in business meetings, teach, consult but I sometimes had trouble keeping awake at the pc.

If you cannot overcome insomnia stop fighting and relax...if you stress it will get worse. Get up and do something for a while. And again if necessary. If you have a partner go to bed at the same time then get up when he/she is asleep.

The only thing I have found helps a little is a warm shower. Even medication has little effect.
Sep 4, 2007 17:33
  • GRIZ326
I claim to be the world champion fast sleeper! My head hits the pillow and I am out "like a light."

The suggestion of exercise is very good.

Warm milk is an age old remedy.

A shower sounds like a great idea to relax you for sleep.

May I suggest that you fold your hands on your stomach if you sleep on your back; or place one hand between your thighs if you sleep on your side. That is what I do when I do not feel well and cannot fall to sleep easily. It seems to help me.
Sep 5, 2007 03:05
  • NEWBBIE
I've had this problem for more than 10 years, initial stage, sleeping pills they do help, but as time goes on it went wosre, up to 3 tablets of Dormicums (normal person will know out in 10 mins with half a tablet), back in Singapore most GP Docs wouldn't want to prescribe Dormicums to me, and I would advise you to stay away from it, cos I really had a hard time quiting it, it's like drug addiction. When I first arrived in Yantai, I still had that problem, sleeping well after midnight and getting up around 5:30 every morning, but now it's gone for good I hope, I sleep around 10:30 to 11:00p.m ang get up around 7a.m. (Try this it may help : some dried Longans, with some dried dates, boil it with some rock sugar, you can make more and store it in the fridge) it really does work on me so maybe it'll help you as well.
Sep 7, 2007 04:27
  • FAERIEQUEENE
I found a paper on Chinese Herbal Treatment to insomnia... Might... be good for you!

http://www.hkam.org.hk/publications/hkmj/article_pdfs/hkm0112p392.pdf
Sep 7, 2007 06:35
  • APAULT
Maybe you just don't need as much sleep as some other people. Try not to stress.

Griz, are you sure that putting one hand between the thighs helps? Or to use the London vernacular, 'are you having a lend of us', or less politely, 'are you taking the p..s?"

Sep 7, 2007 07:08
You could be right Paul, although it depends who's hand it is, second though that might keep one awake, he he
Sep 7, 2007 10:23
  • GRIZ326
I was not referring to any other activity other than trying to fall asleep. apault & westnorwoodgas, you guys are bad. ;-)
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Advice needed on farewell to Insomnia
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code