Menu
Do you ask for invoice in a Chinese restaurant?
Sep 26, 2007 09:15
  • ENTRIPRENEUR
recently I have been given choices, invoice or gift. The gift is usually a can of Coke or a plastic cup for a kid.
Oct 1, 2007 16:53
  • ERENCIUS
Never had any problem of invoice in Shanghai, they gave it to me most of the time... And I won twice... Once 20 yuans and once 100 yuans but out of numerous attempts...
Oct 4, 2007 04:38
  • ICEBERG
Erencius, it seems that you are a lucky guy. I never won any bonus.

ENTRIPRENEUR, it was not right for the restaurant to give you a can of coke instead of the invoice. Next time, remember to ask the invoice from the restaurant. It is your right. Why not use it?
Oct 25, 2009 10:14
GUESTDHAVA Is that possible to get invoice from groceries, e.g. Carrefour, Wallmart
Oct 26, 2009 22:41
  • HERBEAT
When I was in Yantai, I often ask for the receipt even when I just get an icecream from KFC and I often win something like 5 RMB. But after I moved to Qingdao, I got nothing...
Oct 26, 2009 23:06
GUEST1327
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUESTDHAVA

Is that possible to get invoice from groceries, e.g. Carrefour, Wallmart

I don't know how those foreign supermarts operate in China. As a consumer, you have the right to ask for the invoice after buying something. In some Chinese supermarket, for example, Ren Ren Le, you have to give back your receipt to them if you want to get your invoice. And they usually require that the customers should change your receipt into invoice within one month. Unfortunately, few people required their invoices after buying.

By the way, the supermarkets don't have the right to set the deadline for changing receipt into invoice. Asking for invoices is our right. You can ask for your invoice anytime.

KFC and McDonald have been localized. If you don't ask for a receipt, they won't give you it to you.
Oct 27, 2009 05:03
  • HERBEAT
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST1327

KFC and McDonald have been localized. If you don't ask for a receipt, they won't give you it to you.

I don't like they doing it at all. So everytime I go to KFC or McDonalds I ask for a receipt, even when I just get an icecream. And in Qingdao the receipt is in 50RMB.
Page 3 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Do you ask for invoice in a Chinese restaurant?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code