Menu
Will India overtake China?
Feb 17, 2010 07:34
  • GLADIATOR
I think China has a done great deal in bringing its economy to a global scale and improving the living conditions of its people. Any controlled regime can do this in a much faster way than a democracy and thats been the main reason for its success. I don't see India overtaking china in terms of economy atleast for the next 20 years, but the growth in india is self sustaining and based on a very stable system build by people and not by government as is the case in china. This would be the biggest advantage for India. India is known for its soft power and the focus has been on that from the time of its independence. That is the reason when the whole world moved in a progressive way of industrialization from primary to secondary to teritiory, India jumped from primary to teritiary industry. China has a lot to its advantage, a very controlled and motivated regime which rules the country, young leaders, relatively peaceful neighbours, cheap labour , merger of HK and Macau to Mainland etc. While India has its advantage on its highly educated middle class, english language skills, very enterprising business men etc it lacks political leadership , has a neighbor like pakistan which all leads us to think that it requires a more vigorous pitch to overtake china.
Mar 29, 2010 11:04
GUEST03209 I think India can overtake China only if we can develope a new generation who can provide good ideas in scince field.Recently I read an article that there are more articles published by chinese students about science than any students of other Asian countries. Inorder to change this Indian govt. should take more initiative like giving more scholarships to those students who are well in studies
Apr 9, 2010 12:12
GUESTCAP Economically, China is a capitalistic country. The political system and the economic system combine well, and it works and works well for china's economical development in the past 3 decades. This is the truth. In the future, China will find its way to legal rule and democracy step by step. But China will not adopt a dysfunctional democracy which hampers her economical development.

China does not bet her success on other countries' going down. If someone really want to compare China and India, try to find out who works harder, who is planning better,who is learning from previous mistake and who does not give empty talk.
Last edited by SIVA: Apr 9, 2010 22:08
Jul 4, 2010 13:46
GUESTRICHARD Did you ever watch Planet of the Apes "They Blew It Up".....War will solve it all.
Jul 16, 2010 20:16
GUEST49250 oh wow but india sttill has major problems possibly they will but not anytime like soon maybe in like 60 yrs or 80
Sep 24, 2010 08:11
GUEST47338 No hard feelings here, but I think it would be more realistic for India to set their target on overtaking sub-Sahara countries.
Oct 2, 2010 19:06
GUEST02231 No, I think the question is "will China overtake India?"
Dec 8, 2010 02:08
GUESTSHANMUGAM i thought india and china same level developing industrial and some kinds of item india has king,some kinds of items china has king so don t comparison china and india
Jun 2, 2011 04:13
GUESTVARUN India is the best. You cannot compete with india just wait for the black money to come back in India.
Till 2020, india will have so much of educated labour force and it will put them to work and then see the economic growth in india. then india vill spend hundreds of billions on its military and aircrafts to compete with china and pakistan. india will definitely become asian and world's superpower.
Aug 17, 2011 07:35
GUEST87120 India will.
Eventhough many people find it hard to accept on first thought.
Page 4 of 5    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Will India overtake China?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code