If I want to get married in China, what should I do?
Jan 23, 2009 22:43
  • Points:
  • Join Date: Jan 23, 2009
  • Status: Offline
how do i get residense permit needed to get married
Jan 26, 2009 18:03
Questions for Dodger,

1) Did you have to reside in China for any length of time before you registered? Is there any such requirement?

2) Are you petitioning for your wife (if you are an american citizen) via a I-130 Form to enter the US? Have you had any problems?


Jan 31, 2009 22:39
GUEST61041 Just bang them not marry
Feb 1, 2009 04:46
  • DUNC
  • Points:
  • Join Date: Jan 2, 2005
  • Status: Offline
We needed everything listed but the health check, married in 2007. I did not need to get a health check, but as we were both classed as non local, (as my wife's hukou was still registered in her hometown rather than the city in which we were working, we had to go to the 'non resident' registery). We took the photos there, signed the forms etc, and were all done in under an hour. We had to return a few days later to pick up the marriage book. It's our second anniversary next week!
Feb 1, 2009 06:05
  • Points:
  • Join Date: Jul 15, 2007
  • Status: Offline
Sorry for the late reply, just back from holidays.
No, there doesn’t seem to be any requirement in regards to the time spent in China before getting married.
1)I landed on a Saturday and drove down to Tianjing on the Monday. My Wife had already made the appointment at the Registry office.
2) It seems that the “red tape” for getting your Wife back to your own country is about the same for most western countries and takes about the same length of time.(9 to 12 months)
Griz may be the person to PM as he has successfully brought his Wife to the States.
Cheers, Dodger.
Mar 27, 2009 03:49
GUESTNAVEED I like china. i want to become citizen of china. i wnat to marry in china but i have no sorce to trevel. can it possible in this world to fulfill my disire?
reply me|naveedburawala|naveed293eb
Apr 23, 2009 12:49
GUESTBEHAPPY I am Muslim and I have wife and children but I am thinking to marry one good girl in china because of my business there .. I will keep her with me forever not just because of my business only so really I don't know what I do !!? So iam waiting the answer from you all my friends ... thank u so much for all .
May 3, 2009 09:55
  • Points:
  • Join Date: Jan 16, 2008
  • Status: Offline

I won't give my personal opinions because i understand every country has different cultural differences, but FYI i just married my girl and i had to get a 'Search for Result Certificate' from Australia to say i was never married, so you might find you have a few difficulties. Other than that it was a lot easier than i was hoping it would be :-( ........Joking!! Good Luck!!!
May 15, 2009 13:52
GUEST29655 Hi if i am already in China as a british citezon can i get the statuory declaration done in china so i dont have to fly bak to uk??does anyone know this?
May 22, 2009 22:13
GUESTM.IKRAM... I am Muslim and I want to get marry in china I will keep her with me forever in my Country (Pakistan). Interest candidate can contact me without any hesitation. Any query in this regard will be highly appreciated. So i am waiting the answer from you all my friends ... thank u so much for all .|daimpk,|m_ikram79
Page 2 of 9    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: If I want to get married in China, what should I do?
(You can post as a member (login first) or a guest!)
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code