Menu
Any Expat in Macau who can share their story
Jul 11, 2008 01:41
  • CALLESMAN
Hi Guest, I guess that you have a work permit to work in Macau. Going to visit Macau, all you need is a passport. But to work there, you'll need a permit. I had a great western breakfast for around US$2, lunch for $3 and $5 for dinner. And of course, I did not have those in a fancy restaurant. Rent can be expensive. A new 2 bedroom apartment in Taipi will be about $1000 and a room may cost you $3-400. Hope this help..
Aug 14, 2008 03:43
GUESTFACE There is an english-run forum http://eforum.macau.com/ which is moderated by locals and expats that should be able to help.
Aug 14, 2008 05:33
  • ERIND
We moved here in May and used petrelocation.com. They have offices in Hong Kong and the US. I found them very easy to work with. Its not cheap bringing pets to Macau, as they have to go through HK first and then take the helicopter to Macau. I am presuming it would be the same for cats. It was never a question for us to leave our dogs behind in the US.

As far as living costs, I was surprised when we got here how expensive housing is. Utilities are about what I paid in Las Vegas, maybe a bit cheaper, but our rent is very high. Granted, we are in "expat" housing, spacious floor plan and have a big, modern kitchen. We pay roughly $2000 USD per month for an apartment that is about 2000 sq. ft. I have heard that there is a lot available and prices are dropping. Unfortunately you have to be here to find a place. There is nothing you can find online.
Sep 15, 2008 00:43
GUEST68168 Hello there. I am from Portugal too and am considering a position in Macau. What is good about Macau as a place to live? Plenty to do with children do you know? What about quality of life? Is it good?

Would appreciate any advice as we have two small children 6 and 4 (but they will be homeschooled anyway).

Thanks,
Nov 5, 2008 18:44
GUEST11621 We may be relocating from Las Vegas as well. We have 3 large dogs. Are there size limits on pets? I am having a hard time finding information online. How did your pets do on the long flight? How did you find a pet friendly apartment? Sorry so many questions I am just very nervous about the move. Thanks.
May 4, 2009 19:52
GUEST82105 Hi All..

Anyone recommend shipping company in Macau?? we're leaving macau on june and plan to go to batam island which is 30 min ferry from singapore....

Any suggestion?? Thanks
May 28, 2009 21:04
GUEST72780 I am thinking of moving to Macau with my 4yr old son this year, I have a job offer but want to know how safe is Macau for families and are the schools good??
Jun 11, 2009 22:54
GUEST50114 Hi all,

Anyone has experience how to take a cat into Macau from China? I am trying all possible way to avoid quarantine. My cat is too old and won't last in the quarantine station for 6 months.

Thanks.
Feb 18, 2011 10:44
GUEST10244 I'm Vietnamese and do speak English (no Mandarin or Cantonese). I'm going to work in Macau about the end of Feb 2011 or very early in Mar 2011. It would be help if anyone has an extra room or studio-apartment for renting. My budget is very tight, so limited-$2000 MOP will be great. I don't mind if the room is unfurnished.
Please email me (live.com|eric-moon) some photos, address, price. Thanks a lot.
Nov 9, 2011 21:02
GUEST54120 sorry if there has been a chain about this already, this is just my initial research into living in macau. how necessary is it to be able to speak mandarin/cantonese? is just speaking english enough to get by on a daily basis? thanks!!
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Any Expat in Macau who can share their story
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code