Menu
Ten Chinese Beauties in westerners' eyes, do you agree???
Sep 8, 2007 23:18
  • GRIZ326
I apologize...I misspelled "symmetrical"
Sep 9, 2007 22:30
  • KEVIN0518
Zhang Ziyi is popular in the western world. But I do not like her very much. Now she is too coquettish. How about this one?

Sep 10, 2007 02:14
  • KATRINA
Wind, haven't you ever heard of Zhang Ziyi? I think that she is popular in the western world and many foreigners are familiar with her. If you do not know her, please look at this page:http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Zhang_Zi_Yi. There is detailed info.

Sep 10, 2007 23:17
GUEST07154 Hi,

I am a westener and to be honnest, all of those Chinese women are far from being uggly but are not my style.

I find that the current Chinese fashion industry (just judging from ads on the wall and general publicity I observed last year when in China) tends to immitate the Western culture. By that, I mean that Chinese women now look more and more like americans and european - which is in my eyes a big mistake.

I like real Chinese women, not the fake ones: fake boobs, lips, legs cut in half and stretched to be 4 inches taller.

Not to digg on her, but in my book, EVENING looks nicer than those 10 women.
;-)

PS I can't wait for Oct. 1st; I'll be in china again for a full year this time ;-P
Sep 11, 2007 06:17
  • DODGER
Guest07154,
so who do you not join us with a profile.
We can then see if you are kosher or not?
Dodger.
Sep 11, 2007 11:04
  • WINDENERGY
Katrina,

No, I had never heard of Zhang Ziyi prior to this thread. Luckily, I have found a younger version of Zhang Ziyi in the girl that I am seeing in Kunming. Thanks for the link, it should give me some idea of the sort of clothes that I want to buy for Miss Li. This sort of information makes the time that I spend researching about China well worth it!

__WINDENERGY__
Sep 11, 2007 11:15
Kevin,

I watched The Road Home last weekend, and it is a lovely film, and of course, Zhang Ziyi plays the female lead, in a role where the beauty portrayed is much more than skin deep!

Mike
Sep 11, 2007 11:42
  • WINDENERGY
I'll HAVE to rent, or buy this movie. Can anybody help me woth the Chinese name of this film? Road home would be “路家" is that the correct name of this film?

__WINDENERGY__
Sep 11, 2007 13:06
Sorry WE, my copy of the DVD doesn't have the title in Chinese, only English, but the Script is by Bao Shi and taken from his novel 'Rememberance' so it may possibly have that title as well as the Road Home. You will like it - it is about a beautiful Chinese girl who falls in love with the teacher sent to her village (based in the rural China of the nineteensixties).
Sep 11, 2007 20:30
  • KATRINA
Wind, 路家 is not the Chinese version of this film's name. It should be 我的父亲母亲. You can find it in the video or DVD shops.
Page 3 of 7    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Ten Chinese Beauties in westerners' eyes, do you agree???
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code