Menu
Still looking for expats in Taiyuan???
Feb 18, 2008 09:25
  • SIGMA0
Hi!

I've been living in Taiyuan since September 2007. I'm an English teacher at Taiyuan University of Technology, originally from the US. There aren't very many foreigners in this city (I have met a few but mostly from the organization Evergreen) and I'm looking to get in touch with more. It'd be nice to have someone to explore the city with!

As for the restaurant recs, the Brazilian Barbecue place in the Golden South Hotel on Shui Xi Men Jie (next to the Greenery Cafe) is great. As is the Greenery Cafe! But they both are rather pricey. There is a Brazilian Barbecue place (Baxi Kao Rou) next to the Meet All on Wuyi Square (Wu Yi Guang Chang).

My email is gmail.com|sdolins. :)
Mar 5, 2008 01:44
GUEST87188 Hi
my name is Bram. I'm am English teacher in Taiyuan. There are actually quite a few of us here. Only a couple of weeks ago we had a party with about 30 expats!! It's hard to find them though as it is a city of about 3 million.. Feel free to contact me!
hotmail.com|bram_ramaut
Mar 5, 2008 03:57
GUEST97998 Hi All,

I am in Taiyuan for a few days with a colleague - we are from Wales, UK - and are looking for places to go in the evening. I've read the comments and there doesn't seem to be that many but I thought I'd try again just in case someone has found anything. We are looking for good food and cold beer??
Mar 5, 2008 09:34
GUEST97998 Hi,

Thanks for the tip on Brazilian Res next to Meetall, great value for money @ 48rmb per head - eat and drink as much as you like. We had a little difficulty finding the place as there are no signs other than Chinese characters so for anyone else interested it's on the left of Meetall, as you look at it, and up the steps. There is also one waitress who speacks Chinglish and was very helpful.

Thanks again.

Chris
Mar 17, 2008 03:40
GUEST32217 Hi, my name is Jeanette, and I just began teaching english at a university here in Taiyuan. I am also looking for some people to explore the city with, and some other foreign teachers here to befriend. I have not met many yet, but I have only been here a little over a week. I was also looking for some suggestions as far as nightlife... If anyone has a minute, get ahold of me. My email is hotmail.com|Jmlieb3001. Hope to hear from you!
Apr 27, 2008 11:31
GUESTYONI Hi Guys, I will be heading over in 2 weeks, and staying until June 9th, teaching English to 6-10 yr olds. My name is Yoni, I am 20 years old, and from Austin, Texas. Hope to hear from you soon!

Yoni
Apr 27, 2008 11:34
GUESTYONI and its gmail.com|Yonizzel
Apr 29, 2008 02:00
GUEST43164 Hey saw ur msg abt working in Shanxi Uni, I am a student at Shanxi daxue doing some chinese study. From Australia. Will be here until Jan 2009. So if you' like to meet up sometime, let me know on hotmail.com|suhuna_suresh
Cheers
May 14, 2008 02:39
GUEST31125 Hey I am a college student from Austin, Texas. I just arrived in taiyuan and will be teaching here until june 9th... if anyone is interested in meeting up, email me at gmail.com|Yonizzel!

Yoni
Jul 3, 2008 03:47
  • SIGMA0
www.facebook.com

There's a community group called "Foreigners in Taiyuan". Search and join! :)
Page 2 of 6    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Still looking for expats in Taiyuan???
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code