Menu
How to be a graceful and well-mannered lady?
Sep 10, 2007 01:55
  • KEVIN0518
Recently, a very special training class has been open in Suzhou. This class aims at cultivating graceful and well-mannered ladies. But the tuition is very expensive. Each student needs to pay 40,000 yuan per year. Though the tuiation is too high, some parents are eager to let their children to enter this class. It is reported that about 50 parents scrambled for 20 quotas. Finally, 19 students became the lucky birds. There they have to learn to play piano, dance and paint. Meanwhile, their teachers will teach them to stand, sit and walk correctly and gracefully.

Do you think it is useful? In your opinion, what are criteria for being a graceful lady? How to be a graceful and well-mannered lady?
Sep 10, 2007 02:34
  • MAY001
It can be useful to learn so many things. But being a graceful lady should firstly being a good woman.
Sep 10, 2007 02:35
  • ELEMENT
Perhaps some people want to be graceful and gentlewomanly, while I just want to show my own personality. I don't think I would spend that much money on this kind of training. We each have a different point of view. :)
Sep 10, 2007 21:50
  • ICEBERG
The training fee is too expensive. You can learn many things in that class. However, it is hard to change your personalities and temperament. If a girl is boyish, how can you require her to sit quietely?
Sep 10, 2007 22:08
  • CHYNAGYRL
This would be useful for a woman who wants to be a social climber. Some women can actually climb social classes (and marry up) by attending this kind of "charm school". However, some guys like women who are not graceful and well-mannered. Some guys want a girl who watches sports and drinks beer, and likes to go camping and hiking too. Some very smart girls are not ladylike.. It's better to be yourself...
Sep 11, 2007 21:11
  • DREAMLIFE
This would be useful for a woman who wants to be a social climber. You are key to the point,DHYNAGYRL. The training can make you sophisticated and knowing so that you can climb higher social class easily. That is why their parents scrambled for the 20 quotas.
Nov 1, 2008 13:31
GUEST73190 I feel that it is quite useful to learn all these manner and stuff. Imagine a girl who is rowdy, do you want to bring this girl back home? I do not think that it is appropriate though. A guy like a woman who is gentle and kind. Sometimes a girl may not know how to be graceful, parents are unable to teach or whatsoever. By going to this class, I believe that a girl will attain the image which she want. It is true that they might want to be a social climber, but which guy does not like a girl who knows how to maintain her own image and being witty? In conclusion, I believe that this might be a trasformation stage for SOME girl.
Nov 2, 2008 12:03
  • CARLOS
May, I agree.
Same goes with men too. To be a gentleman is much more than be able to show gentlemanny manners.

Carlos
Nov 2, 2008 19:44
  • HUAMULAN
Learning about etiquette, mannerism is good. But most importantly, all acts must be from the heart. People can appear very gentle and graceful, but pretentious. I prefer people who dare to be just themselves.
Nov 3, 2008 20:07
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Some women are naturally graceful and some are not. I agree with Chynagyrl. Be yourself. Trying hard to be who you are not is a torture and it will not last. Besides, it is better to be accepted knowing you are you.
Nov 5, 2008 13:37
  • SETH
I've always found the best path is to always be sincere, even if you don't mean it! ;)
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: How to be a graceful and well-mannered lady?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code