Menu
How to be a graceful and well-mannered lady?
Nov 6, 2008 03:05
  • JIMMYB
Be yourself! Agree. If you are not a gentle lady, please do not pretend to be a gentle lady. Don't do cheatings to others and yourself.
Nov 7, 2008 18:44
  • MARRIE
A vicious person could play piano, dance or paint well. the level of Morality/Discipline, Wisdom, healthy body and grace are criteria.
Nov 8, 2008 01:22
  • LOVEISVERB
Well, being graceful and well-mannered is always desired in the society.
Lots of people love to turn things around by digging too much and too deep, till reach the sincerity or personality of those who may just want to learn something nice to their appearance or outside. Here the training wasn't/isn't(if it's still there) trying to change the personality of people.

Walking in a more energetic and graceful way, talking in the voice of less disturbing others, being polite..... not spitting( lots of people still do, including women), not littering, nice table manners, etc etc... all no harm, no matter to good women, bad women, sincere women, not so sincere women

TO be polite and well-mannered doesn't mean NOT to be yourself.
Nov 8, 2008 05:02
  • WANHU
20,000RMB per annum... is it worth the experience for laypersons? Different person has different set of focus. I would rather teach my daughter(s) to be elegant with good heart, sincere, respect the old and love the young. That 20,000RMB I'd open an account for her future studies. I beg to differ.

Wan
Nov 8, 2008 15:04
  • MARRIE
If a person is the focus of all contraditions (tough tasks) and he/she still keeps elegant, logic, he/she should be in the higher level group of laypersons.

WanHu, to investment money in education is part of processing of shaping good personalities. Judging a person via elegant manners mostly will lead to misjudge.

I am wondering what LAYPERSON mean. If it just refers to technical skills in attitudes to life, sometimes it could screw up yourselves and exploit the most important personal quality –sincerity and grace that requires continuous self education and cultivation through life experience. But it does not mean senior women are entitled to grace by taking advantage of their ages. If you are Chinese, I think you are quite familiar with the saying that describe senior persons who are NOT deserve respects, that is his/her life is puppy parasitic life. I used to have the honor of coming cross such an old blonde puppy who annoyed everybody around her by her unique Southern Slavic spitting, coughing, sneezing, noises!

So WanHu, Setting up a good example by yourself for your daughter is more important to setting up a bank account for her...

Nov 8, 2008 19:55
  • WANHU
Dear Marrie
I try to eliminate and contrast between training and education although most of the time each has a resemblance. I am not trying to start a grounded theory here but merely just responding to a thread started by Kevin about the purpose of the training and its cost. I apologise for my inability to provide a better usage of English as I am not as eloquent as your goodself or others and neither a native English speaker but if your goodself may digest, my true meaning is I would rather open up an account for her to further her academic pursue rather than sending her to such a training.

From TCG I get two main advantages, having the pleasure reading threads and responses, and secondly picking up some new English words (as I would consider them as my teachers) for my personal storage and retrieval. Thank you very much Marrie. I am all ears and stand corrected.

Wan
Nov 10, 2008 03:28
  • KUNGFUPANDA
How do you guys define "graceful"? If we just judge if a girl is graceful just based on her behaviours and manners, there might be some problems. As Marrie said, a vicious person could play piano, dance or paint well. Girls can pretend to be graceful.
Jan 26, 2012 09:09
GUESTONYINYE I think grace should come from within. it shouldn't be enforced. it involves purity of thought and mind. Grace makes the woman! Grace alone holds true beauty for every age. it is simply the expression of a pure spirit.
Jan 28, 2012 20:29
  • BBQQ
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUESTONYINYE

I think grace should come from within. it shouldn't be enforced. it involves purity of thought and mind. Grace makes the woman! Grace alone holds true beauty for every age. it is simply the expression of a pure spirit.

Well, a graceful lady must have received good education from her family and school. I do not think it exists inside of you.
Feb 11, 2012 08:21
  • VANESSAZHONG
It beats me. My parents always say that I am over-active and I should be like a girl. But I like the feeling be myself.In my opinion, never do cheating to others on purpose is fine. It's no need to spend so much money to make some changes.
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: How to be a graceful and well-mannered lady?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code