Menu
Are you biased toward overweight people?
Sep 11, 2007 04:02
  • ICEBERG
On the street, they are always the laughingstock of other people. At home, they are seldom praised by their parents. Even some companies refuse their applications. Why? Because they are too fat. Is this fair? Of course not.

Recently, a band in China becomes popular. The four members are different from other poeple. The leading singer is about 375 pounds. The other three members are between 200 and 300 pounds. They are confident about themselves. Their humour and confidence attract many fans. Meanwhile, they use their songs to fight against people's biase.

The name of this band is called Qian Jin, which has double meanings. One refers to a courteous expression for another person's daughter or, in ancient times, a thousand pieces of gold. But no one who sees the band perform can mistake its second meaning: 1,000 jin, a Chinese measurement that would translate to just over 1,000 pounds.

What do you think of this band? Great,right? My friends, are you biased toward these overweight people?

Sep 11, 2007 04:25
  • ELEMENT
No bias for sure! But if possible, hope they could become slim. In the view of physical health, adiposity will really cause some diseases and inconvenience. Also, haveing a slender figure is all the people's dream. I believe, if possible, the members of this band also prefer to be slim.
Sep 11, 2007 05:12
  • BILLCAI
In my opinion, all people are equal, so no one should be discriminated and the overwight people should not feel self-contemptuous.
Sep 11, 2007 20:45
  • DREAMLIFE
All people are equal, so no one should be discriminated and the overweight people should not feel self-contemptuous.

Bill, I agree with you. But actually, people are not equal. The rich and the poor are not treated equally. The poor are not allowed to go to some places. Only the rich has the privileges. And discrimination does exist. Taking job-seeking for example, it is easy for a boy to find a job. For girls, they have to pay much than boys let alone these 'big' girls.

These four girls are very brave. Hope more and more people can understand and support them. Being fat is not fearful. The most important thing is confidence. No matter what happens, just keep confident.
Sep 15, 2007 04:01
  • TRAVELDREAM
"On the street, they are always the laughingstock of other people. At home, they are seldom praised by their parents."

Don't think so.

Sometimes I hate those who take up too much space.
Sep 15, 2007 06:12
  • DODGER
I once followed a huge fat man onto a plane and joked to my travel partner about who would sit next to him as he must have weighed over 500lb.
I soon found out who the lucky person would be.
He sat in his seat, my seat and my travel partners seat at the same time.
It was an interesting trip as we sat cheek to cheek for 4 hours.
His family sat in the seats behind us so they must have know.
I still have the scars....
Dodger.
Sep 15, 2007 18:22
GUEST12422 i am petite so i am afraid of morbidly obese people. When they sit next to me, i'm afraid that if move or fall over, that they will crush me. Usually smaller creatures don't sit next to elephants ...

i also find them a little disgusting to look at. i'm not talking about a bit overweight, like up to 20 pounds. i'm talking about people who are seriously overweight -- women's breasts are sagging, men's bellies stick out -- and they just look like they let themselves go... and don't care... they really need to exercise!
Sep 16, 2007 21:41
  • JIMMYB
It seems that people can not bear those obese people. Suppose you are one of them, how do you feel when people around you laughing at you? People need to learn to be considerate. Though you do not like them, please do not show your dislike in front of them. Those obese people need our understanding and respect.
Sep 17, 2007 01:22
I have never met a happy overweight person ( me included ) I have had people laugh at me, it's not nice, I would love to be thinner but I am what I am, even when I was playing sport as a young man, I was always overweight even though I was always active.
I am respected by people who know me for whom I really am, a decent person who treats everyone the same no matter what.
Sep 17, 2007 05:46
  • DODGER
Alan,
we all love you Mate, thin or fat.
The only trouble I have is your football team...ha.
Dodger
Sep 17, 2007 11:06
Dodger, how come my team gives you trouble? I'm the one that suffers, ha ha seriously though, they gave me great pleasure last season when they won the play off final at Wembley 3-1 and Friday night was only a minor blip, we are still 8th in the league.
As for my build I'm sure Han Jing will soon get me slimmer once she get's to work on me.
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Are you biased toward overweight people?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code