Menu
Women's World Cup... Is it winning more fans to ladies football in China?
Sep 12, 2007 11:24
Are you following the progress of the Women's Football World Cup competition being played out in China?

After the very one-sided contest between Germany and Argentina (11-0), the contest seems to be coming alive now, with the close fought draw between the USA and North Korea (2-2), being followed by the even more absorbing match, high on quality and tension. between England and Japan. In this game the lead changed around in the final minutes before the contest ended with the same 2-2 scoreline.

Will you watch any of the games?

Sep 12, 2007 20:21
  • DREAMLIFE
Travellermike, I like watching soccer matches no matter men or women play it. We have to admit that women's matches are not as exciting as men's. However, it is worth watching the games. I got to know some great footballers during the matches, such as Sun Wen and Liu Ailing (both are Chinese footballers) and Lily (the forward of American Women's team).

What a pity! People always focus their attention on men's games. Why? I really can not understand it.
Sep 13, 2007 06:35
The womens game is struggling here in England which is a pity, I'm all for everyone enjoying the beautiful game.
Sep 14, 2007 02:54
  • JIMMYB
The situation is similar in China. Men's team attracts people's eyes though they perform too badly. China Football Association cares men's team more than women's. It is very sad. To my understanding, CFA should invest more to women's team and treat them equally with men's.
Post a Reply to: Women's World Cup... Is it winning more fans to ladies football in China?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code