Menu
Visa Application with Criminal Background
Oct 7, 2011 13:51
GUEST43144 I don't think they would be allowed to even do a background check without your written consent anyhow
Oct 16, 2011 18:30
GUEST12925 i have a felony on my record ,even though I did not do the crime, and wanted 2 fight it, my court appointed attorney scared me into pleading no contest. Never did i realize what it would do to my life.i want to apply for a U.K. Fiance visa, will I be approved?.
Nov 19, 2011 04:32
GUESTBEJAY I am applying for a visa to travel to china to see my wife.she is chinese and lives and was born there.i have a crimnal record for drugs around 5 years ago.other than that just driving offences.will it stop me from geting a visa to travel and enter
Nov 19, 2011 09:55
GUEST52202 After a ridiculous amount of bad information, I decided to use a visa service for L visa with misdemeanor background 17 years ago - they told me the embassy does not check, and would be "Better" to check no. I will do so - but really, really tired from misinformation. Even an attorney service suggested they do check through NCIC - which is hard to believe, based on our diplomatic relations.

Appreciate any feedback from others who have gone through same experience - I have full info ready, including hotel and flight confirmations, as well as Shanghai contact info. Should go through clean, yes?
Nov 19, 2011 19:51
GUESTDAVE
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST52202 View Post

After a ridiculous amount of bad information, I decided to use a visa service for L visa with misdemeanor background 17 years ago - they told me the embassy does not check, and would be "Better" to check no. I will do so - but really, really tired from misinformation. Even an attorney service suggested they do check through NCIC - which is hard t...

Quote:

Originally Posted by GUESTBEJAY

I am applying for a visa to travel to china to see my wife.she is chinese and lives and was born there.i have a crimnal record for drugs around 5 years ago.other than that just driving offences.will it stop me from geting a visa to travel and enter

To my limited knowledge, the China embassy or consulate don't check your background at all when process the visas. so you'd better not put the criminial record on papre when applying for the visa. Once you do it, there is a great chance you will never get the visa.
Dec 6, 2011 19:58
GUEST52202 After way too much worrying, I enlisted a visa service regarding my old misdemeanor charges - was told better not to mention. Made sure my application had hotel and contact info very, very complete. GOT MY VISA TODAY. Folks, LA embassy does not check for criminal records - at least not lower level, old charges. CHECK NO!
Dec 7, 2011 01:11
GUEST92150 Can you link the appication form you applied under? Or give the form version as they have seemed to change it this year, but I've noticed different versions of the application at different visa services.
Dec 7, 2011 07:45
GUEST52202 Be sure to get the form from the embassy - they are all the same now, but must be two-sided, not downloaded.
Dec 9, 2011 13:13
GUEST31818 I checked yes and briefly wrote a description of what happened. I was then given a ticket with a date of when to pick up my visa. I should be fine right?? Thanks.
Dec 18, 2011 20:49
GUEST92150 GUEST31818:

Let us know what happened.
Page 33 of 47    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Visa Application with Criminal Background
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code