Menu
Visa Application with Criminal Background
Mar 22, 2012 17:48
GUEST39222 What do you mean when you say that it doesn't matter if i check "No" on my application letter? Does it mean that there is a great chance that they wont check my record or it means that they will check it even if i check no? lol again sorry im just really nervous and anxious....
Mar 22, 2012 20:44
  • JIMMYB
Hey guest39222,

I suggest you check "No". Many people who have criminal records did it and they got their visa successfully. Some people say that the embassy didn't check your criminal records. I am not sure if it is 100% true.

If you check "Yes", they migh ask you more questions and check your records. Just my guess. There are some people who checked "Yes" and finally got their visa too.

It's your choice.

Apr 19, 2012 12:14
GUEST22792 Would there be any problem getting a visa to China if you have a misdemeanor on your record for a DWI and you will not be driving in China? The misdemeanor happened 8 years ago and I have not drank anything since.
Apr 19, 2012 21:51
GUEST5289
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST22792

Would there be any problem getting a visa to China if you have a misdemeanor on your record for a DWI and you will not be driving in China? The misdemeanor happened 8 years ago and I have not drank anything since.

I guess you know the answer after reading this post. Better not check ""Yes" on the application form in order not to make trouble.
Jun 18, 2012 02:01
  • MYTRCF
Can you please update me on getting a Z-Visa for Shanghai? I got a DUI 10 years ago. I have been offered a job but I'm worried that new regulations (2012) will cause problems. My employer says I will come in on a tourist visa then get the Z-Visa when I'm in Shanghai.
Jun 18, 2012 21:33
  • ENID
Hi MYTRCF, do't worry too much. It is 10 years ago, you can ignore it when you apply for a Z visa to China. BTW, you'd better ask your employer to handle proper documents like work permit for you, so that you can apply Z visa directly before leaving. Change L visa to Z visa is possible, but you may need to pay more for the service. Good luck.
Jun 25, 2012 20:04
GUEST10886 I will be coping (regretably) to a single felony charge for 'maintaining marijuana.....which can be knocked down to a misdemeanor after 1.5 years.

It will be very current/recent when I depart, so I am wondering if anyone knows whether or not I would be denied a short term entry Visa?
THANKS
Jun 25, 2012 23:16
  • ENID
As I said for many times, if you put Yes to the application form, your visa application will be rejected. So, for short term entry visa, you'd better ignore it when submit your application.
Jun 27, 2012 20:49
GUEST94126 Let us know what happens. I know some who admitted twice to more serious felonies than you (yes plural) for L visa's and was approved, but stopped providing the info in later apps.
Jul 4, 2012 11:05
GUEST87108 Hi,

I have found a job teaching English in China and I'll be applying for a Z visa in a few weeks . I have a misdemeanor reckless driving charge, but based on what I've been reading here, I've decided to check the "No" box. Do you think that will pose problems if I leave and reenter China on holiday? Does Immigration randomly check criminal backgrounds of Z visa holders reentering the country? Thank you for any insight you can provide.
Page 35 of 47    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Visa Application with Criminal Background
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code