Menu
Which matters, good job or rich husband?
Sep 20, 2007 04:03
  • ICEBLUE
Al32, you are a good guy. If have to choose between 'good job' and 'rich husband', I will choose 'good job', since I want to be myself. You can count on no one but yourself. If I work hard, ' the good job' will never desert me. As to ' a rch husband', who knows whether he will betray our love or not.
Sep 20, 2007 04:19
  • CORTEX
You mean there is a kind of jobs that one could never get tired of? Or there is a man for a woman to depend upon for her entire life? Does "love" play any part in this drama??
Sep 20, 2007 19:01
  • ERENCIUS
Does "love" play any part in this drama??
No at least not in the original topic of this post. A lot of Chinese woman are just looking for safety through marriage, nothing else, a place they'll be able to spend the money they don't have. Hopefully enough more and more Chinese girls want some independance.
Personally, I can't bear to rely on anyone, especially on the one that will be sharing my life. Just like losing your self respect, your pride also, in a way. Being independant reveals your personality, that's at least what I think.
Cannot bear to do nothing neither, so I need a job I like, no matter it is really profitable or not as soon as I can live from it.
Sep 21, 2007 04:53
  • KATRINA
Quote:

"A lot of Chinese woman are just looking for safety through marriage, nothing else, a place they'll be able to spend the money they don't have."

Erencius, it does matter for a girl to look for safety. If you marry someone who can't bring you safety, would you marry him/her? So, safety is the basic need of humans.
Sep 21, 2007 06:36
  • DODGER
Katrina,
safety in mind and in spirit and trust in a person is what we might all be looking for I think.
But trust is the most important of them all.
Dodger
Sep 21, 2007 08:32
  • ERENCIUS
yes trust shall not rely on a contract that's my point of view...
Sep 25, 2007 11:36
  • CARLOS
From which comes safety for life? From good job or from rich husband?
What about good husband?
Damn! If that is not enough for safe life to my lao po, then I must say she definitely made a wrong choise.
Sep 25, 2007 21:59
  • ZOEY
Yeah, Carlos.

I agree with you. Safety is essential for a marriage. If a girl married a man who cann't bring her safaty, obviously she had made a wrong choice.
Sep 25, 2007 23:35
  • LIZXLI
Personally I would choose a proper job and a good husband.Nowadays,many women could have a good job and a good husband.Rich one?Rich husband generally will consider more than one wife,it is simply not good for a family.
Sep 26, 2007 07:22
  • DODGER
Rich in love must means rich in life?
And yes, it does not mean a contract sealed and signed by the goverement E.
When you share a bed with someone trust and safety, in richess or in povety makes no differents.
But perhaps I am just a dreamer.
Dodger.
Page 2 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Which matters, good job or rich husband?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code