Menu
Which matters, good job or rich husband?
Oct 11, 2007 08:02
  • DODGER
I think that there are Women out there with integrity that will follow the Man that they love with out the rich or poor tag.
Perhaps we should all put more faith in love?
OK, just another silly thought from a rapidly ageing bloke.
Dodger.
Oct 11, 2007 09:12
That's a nice thought Dodger, no not the ageing bloke, he he
Alan.
Oct 11, 2007 15:59
  • ERENCIUS
Sunnydream, we say that money corrupts minds since people, once they have a lot of money, change their behaviour. You want to appear more, to show your wealth, to put this image forward, to be seen as higher or worthier of people's interest... Money shall stay a mean that's all (I repeat the same things often, getting old it seems). But you are right the problem is not money the problem is the limited human brain...

Dodger, that was a nice one, really.

Money is shall not be related to love, both are different things. If anyone wishes money, he or she had better get it by his or her own means...
Oct 15, 2007 02:51
  • SUNNYDREAM
Erencius,
Thanks for restating your stance! I understand what you mean now, and I agree with you. Can I conclude that it is Vanity(show your wealth, to put this image forward, to be seen as higher or worthier of people's interest) and greed ( the desire to have more) that that motivate people to conduct selfish and egocentric activities. These are all human frailties. It' s not the fault of money itself.
Oct 19, 2007 10:28
  • ERENCIUS
Let's say money reveals human frailties... If you dont have any you wont appear this way, money plays a catalyst role.
Oct 21, 2007 22:55
  • ICEBLUE
"Let's say money reveals human frailties... If you dont have any you wont appear this way, money plays a catalyst role. "

Does it mean that if you don't have money you don't have moral frailties? Erencius, I sense the conclusion form your words. Why would there always be a conflict between two good things? Rich husbands, good job? Why didn't we possess both?
Oct 22, 2007 17:32
  • ERENCIUS
I dont know if you can possess anyone : i just meant that money reveals already existing frailties, nothing else. You can find a rich husband and have a good job I never said it is incompatible.
Oct 29, 2007 23:12
  • SUNNYDREAM
"I just meant that money reveals already existing frailties". "Money plays a catalyst role. "

Enrencius,very well-said. I agree 100% with you on your statements.
Page 4 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Which matters, good job or rich husband?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code