Menu
Virtual World, Real Money
Sep 14, 2007 03:39
  • MIRANDAZHAO
Earn money while playing electronic games?? Sounds nice, right? Anshe Chung, a member of Second Life, is now the first millionaire by playing the game.

She is a Germany Chinese who set up the biggest company in the game and doing real estate in the virtual world. It's said that if you don't buy her real estate in the game, you will living in a poor and rural area. She even came back to Wuhan to set up a real company to help her to deal with the virtual business.

Her success made her the cover girl of Business Weekly and Fortune.

Sep 14, 2007 03:43
  • MIRANDAZHAO
Who are playing this game? Is it a really good way to earn money?? $_$
Sep 15, 2007 19:32
  • WINDENERGY
Interesting.....but who is buying this virtual real estate???

Honestly, I find stories like this hard to believe as I have always had to work to earn money. Plus, while gambling is legal online, the gambler has to risk his/her own money to have a chance to win any. What is the "risk" of playing an online video game? Nothing, thus who would pay big bucks to reward somebody else's fancy?

__WINDENERGY__
Sep 17, 2007 12:49
  • GRIZ326
Not only are people spending real money to buy "virtual property" (I like the expression make-believe property) but there are computer hackers stealing the "virtual property" and re-selling it to covert the make-believe property back into real money!!!
Sep 18, 2007 20:26
  • BBQQ
Many people buy virtual real estate. Many of players are also interested in buying virtual costumes, finding virtual friends and even virtual marriage...
Oct 24, 2007 02:00
GUESTFISHERGIRL Hello y’all,

I’ve been lurking around for awhile but this is a really cool forum so I decided to
jump in and get my feet wet. I’m new at this so I don’t have much to
say but it’s been real educational reading here and I look forward to
participating. Start making money online today, click on the word <a href=http://tinyurl.com/2mfykl>here</a> to find out how.
Oct 24, 2007 02:18
  • SUNNYDREAM
Hi GUESTFISHERG,
Quote:

"I’ve been lurking around for awhile but this is a really cool forum so I decided to
jump in and get my feet wet."

Why lurk around? In China,we call "lurking' "潜水' Qian Shui". Actually, we don't like people who are always "lurk around".LOL.However, it is still a pleasure to see you jump in and get your feet wet. Just kidding. Enjoy 'your lurking around" here.

Oct 24, 2007 15:39
  • DESTRUCKDOZ
It has got to be World Of Warcraft. I never seen so many Chinese people farm for gold in any other game.
Post a Reply to: Virtual World, Real Money
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code