Menu
Need advice on chinese residency
Dec 10, 2007 20:55
  • BARONTWANGLE
My understanding (of course there are many alternatives!) is that if a foreigner marries a Chinese national, they have no additional rights for any kind of visa. They can still only apply for an L visa under the reason of "Visiting family". The only difference is that sometimes an extended L visa is issued rather than the standard 90 day one.

On the subject of the Green Card. Residing in China for 5 years is only one of a long list of requirements which make you "eligible" to apply. Others include - investing a minimum of $5million US, and being considered to be "an individual of outstanding influence for the Chinese economy"! I heard that to date, only about 500 green cards have been issued, which is less than 0.01% of applications. In other words - save your effort and don't bother.
Dec 13, 2007 07:12
  • APAULT
An ex colleague did not have to keep reapplying every 3 months, neither did he need a Z visa to gain entry to China.
Jan 17, 2009 23:40
GUESTMEDICAL... how t oconvert chineese residency from one university to another university
Jan 18, 2009 17:40
  • APAULT
Have you asked the universities?

If not, I would suggest that is your starting point
Jan 8, 2010 17:41
GUEST40105 It seems that there are many stories going around. The fact that things may sound difficult still means it is possible.... I wouldn't give up researching and trying until you get some official answers... and even the officials may not know all the avenues possible... At least that is my experience in other hard-to-get-into countries. So don't give up...!!!
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Need advice on chinese residency
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code