Menu
Made in India competing with Made in China
Feb 8, 2008 09:54
  • MARRIE
When I was in India, some of the CEOs I spoke with suggested the two economies were perfect complements. I responded that I doubted the Chinese wanted to complement any one’s economy, and that they would try to do everything on their own. And they are. Beijing is now trying to develop a globally competitive software industry through a combination of top-down initiatives, such as the State Council’s Document No. 47, which identifies a series of specific targets for the industry, and the Ministry of Science and Technology’s China Offshore Software Engineering Project as well as joint ventures with companies such as Tata Consultancy Services.
Competition and following one’s own development path are not mutually exclusive. To some extent, I would think India should welcome and exploit the challenge from China. The fear of falling farther behind should inspire Indian politicians to make difficult decisions about economic reform much as the rise of China and India has encouraged a debate in the United States about basic science, the fiscal deficit, the state of education, and other factors of competitiveness.
Clearly we are seeing a historical righting of the balance of influence in the world, away from Europe and North America, and toward Asia. China and India will be major poles in this new world. India, as a multi-ethnic, tolerant democracy and developing economy, can offer important leadership to this new world. But for India to fulfill this role, it will still need to build the traditional measures of hard power. It will be better for China, India, and the United States if Indian strengths do not remain invisible.
Feb 18, 2008 20:54
  • CHERI
India is growing up it is a true. China as a developing country, we should calmly treat this fact and should overcome our shortcomings, such as we used to copy other countries' skill, technologies, invents, we don't very care about our qualities, some people never pay attention their reputation or long term benifit, for short term benefit, making up fake goods or defraud clients, misrepresentation. India is competing with China, and i think this is good to China, can warn and force Chinese industry to improve the qualities, can promote them to improve their skill, to creat more and more advanced skills or technologies in order to win the dominated position in international market.

Competition can arouse development. So India is competing with China but China will get more quick development.
Feb 5, 2009 12:25
GUESTNKB It only depends on Indian politicians. If they come above board then India can become superpower in every sense.
Feb 14, 2009 07:57
GUEST11229 off course....now a days India is becoming an emerging power in Asia. Recently the satellite Chandrayana is proving this.
Apr 27, 2009 11:05
GUESTNABEEL very true
Apr 27, 2009 22:01
  • SHUBH
In today’s stream of globalization, no country can be thought as the ultimate destination for manufacturing units. Chin and India can't be compared as both have their +ve and –ve points. Outsourcing trends also has made the task of producing quality goods anywhere at affordable price easy. To know the latest trend and practices being adopted to keep the production cost down, one may visit http://pragmaticoutsourcing.com/.
Jul 27, 2009 09:43
GUESTGUESTNAZZZ Only internationally known Chinese companies are Lenovo and Huawei, Lennovo is off shoot of IBM , and has taken all the customer base of IBM thinkpads.
India does not have edge in Infrastructure , they are 10 years behind very true. however India does have very vibrant democracy, and Indians enjoy lot of Freedom and free media, which is also a curse in some sense if misused , however all this cultivates creativity and enterpenureship. Indians are far superior in English language..legacy of British Raj.
Cannot really say who will take a lead in long run.
Apr 8, 2010 12:51
GUESTJUSTIN.... Hi pplz..
everything you were discussing here are true..but u ppl forgot 1 thing..thats labour export... i think i dont wanna tell u about it..definitely India leads in it...we bring foriegn currency here esp south indians..strictly speaking kerelites..hehe..

Dont bother about UNIss we are bringing in foreign UNI here..whats the difference it makes whether we studied in our UNIs or foreign UNIs..???

May 10, 2010 03:41
  • MFNVYGRT
Some poor products damage made in China reputation. However, more products are good.
Last edited by MFNVYGRT: May 10, 2010 03:42
May 31, 2010 03:57
GUEST22997 Whatever the immediate environment, I have always been intrigued by the continued latent aggression between the two countries, when I came across 33% discount at http://www.uread.com/book/indi-china-prem-shankar-jha/9780670083275, I could not control myself. The most interesting part is while the rest of the world seems resigned to the rise of India and China, the author doesn't agree.
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Made in India competing with Made in China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code