Menu
What's Wrong With Them??
Sep 18, 2007 02:11
  • BBQQ
I've read a piece of news recently that three foreign tourists visit the Summer Palace NAKED. What's wrong with them? Is it a common thing to be naked in public in foreign countries?

Sep 18, 2007 02:19
  • SASHA
Something is wrong somewhere in the space between their ears...

Of course it's not common thing to get naked in public places in foreign countries...

It's an public offense and should be treated in that way, with appropriate action by local security or police.

No need to generalize things because of two fools who really have problems in their minds... ;-)

Cheers,
Alex GZ/HK
Sep 18, 2007 02:53
  • BBQQ
Haha, thanks Alex. I got what you mean.
Sep 18, 2007 07:56
  • JABAROOTOO
Just visit Dadonghai in Sanya any day of the year and you will see a small group of the locals, NOT foreigners baring it all!!!!!!
Bit a surprise for most visitors there too!!!
Sep 18, 2007 08:46
  • JCNILE123
Hello, do I miss something here??

#1 these fools are in a park, you know children, ladies and in China, they don't look Chinese to me.

#2 The Chinese fools in Sanya go to the far end of the beach, to their little place, and they are Chinese so they are at home,

I hope this idiots are not from the USA.

So where are this shit heads are from any way?

Sep 18, 2007 11:27
Why people do this I have no idea, most of the time they look pretty gross anyway, not that I go looking you understand, he he
Sep 18, 2007 20:54
  • BBQQ
The newspaper didn't notify which country they are coming from. And it is said that the park manager came to urge them to wear clothes soon.
Sep 19, 2007 00:59
  • LIONPOWER
Many nude park and beach in the world.
May be they came from there
Sep 19, 2007 01:04
  • AL32
OK, don't bash on me here please, I'm just trying to be open-minded and try to bring a different view on the topic...

I don't agree with what these foreigners did; especially not being from the country, I believe that they should try not to shock anyone by their action and be more respectful...

But why is this so shocking though? How many naked young kids (under 2 years of age let's say) did I see at the beach before, China included? OK they are adults and adults are thought to be pudic soon in their life; just after the diapers. But are we all so scary naked? Why is it such a terrible thing? No one is forcing you to look at those people afterall?

Also, look at how some (Western) female pop singers dress these days; they wear so little clothes that they might as well wear nothing...and they do this on TV!! I dont know if it is because most of them are young and 'sexy' [arguable in some cases] that almost nobody seems that offended by such public behavior. But I think that it is not a good example to give to kids which are the majority of viewers from the MTV's alike.

So, yes I find that those foreigners mentioned above should behave themselves and be respectful of others by wearing clothes, but at the same time, I wonder why is it such a big deal...weren't we all born naked? Why is it such a disgrace to show that we are free not to wear any clothes? Why is the fact of being naked is so bad in our minds? In the recent years, a lot of efforts have been placed in the education system to teach tolerance and fight against various discreminations (racism, sexual orientations, religion and so on) will this one day be something on that list? Some countries are way more open of this subject than other...

For example, it is totally accepted in France (and other european counties) for women to be topless at most beaches and in TV commercials. While in america it is not. In some parts of Canada it is totally legal for women to walk topless in a city; although this is really just a legal mather since a woman went to court to claim her right to walk topless arguying that if men can, women can ... she won the case, but I have yet to see a woman walking like that (I've seen pictures of such behavior at the beach though) - the population would not react very well to this...and it might even be a public safety issue; cars or bicycles passing by might get into accidents for example...

Nonetheless, I just want to repeat that I don't agree with the foreigner behaviors; especially that no matter how open-minded their own country is on this subject, they should respect vision of the country they are visiting. I'm sure that they were fully aware that China was not the best place to experiment that form of "freedom of expression"...

Sep 19, 2007 11:58
  • GRIZ326
When I was younger, thinner and better looking I went to a hot spring in the mountains where everyone was naked. After the initial shock, it was no big deal. ...but for some reason people are more comfortable with each other when dressed.
Sep 19, 2007 21:10
  • MAY001
'No one is forcing you to look at those people afterall?'
But they are in a park which is always crowded by tourists!!

And in China, it's really a terribele thing to be naked in public. If one is naked in public, he/she will be considered mentally ill~~~
Post a Reply to: What's Wrong With Them??
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code