Menu
Great Panda ends its 1,300-year diplomatic career
Sep 18, 2007 04:17
  • FRANKENSTEIN
The most lovely envoy ' Great Panda' will bid farewell to its 1,300 year diplomatic career. As early as the Tang Dynasty, Great panda has been regarded as a gift to be sent to improve Chinese-overseas relation.

Now, the Chinese government annouced that it won't send pandas to foreign countries to improve its international relations. As we all know, great panda is uniquely existed in China. Now it has become an endangered species. At present, there are only less than 1,600 pandas left in China, scattered in the Nature Reserves in Sichuan, Shaanxi and Gansu Provinces.

In 1972, the Chinese Government sent President Nixon two pandas" Xingxing" and "Lingling" in memoty of the breakthrough in bilateral ties.

Now, the "lovely envoy" has been tired. It is high time for her retirement.

Sep 18, 2007 04:20
  • FRANKENSTEIN
The "lovely envoy" is rare. " I resign" said she.

Sep 18, 2007 04:27
  • MAY001
But what about those who are now living in the abroad?? I know there are tens of Giant Pandas living in foreign zoos.
Sep 18, 2007 07:32
  • FAERIEQUEENE
the expatriate pandas... haha, i'd love to meet LeLe and Ying-ying in Hongkong
Sep 18, 2007 13:33
  • GRIZ326
I have been fortunate to see every North American game animal and many sea creatures living in nature; it is the best way to see them. It will disappoint many children who may no longer have the opportunity to see pandas in their country's zoos; but on the other hand it would be better for the children to expand their horizons and visit China to see pandas :-)
Sep 18, 2007 20:46
  • BBQQ
Yeah. If you want to see panda, you have to go to China.
Sep 20, 2007 04:20
  • ICEBLUE
I heard that the Spanish queen met the two pandas in Spain. I wonder how many "Expat Pandas" there are in foreign countries. Did they miss home? Are they allowed to come home to their relatives?
Post a Reply to: Great Panda ends its 1,300-year diplomatic career
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code