Menu
student visa to work visa
Mar 4, 2008 23:37
GUEST09101 l am sorry u cant do that. l was also in this situation. you have to get an Lor Fvisa first. Go to Hongkong, Macau or Mongolia and get an F or L visa and come back
Mar 20, 2008 14:09
GUESTH. ALAM Hi there,
I am planning to start a business like setting up a Guest house cum restaurant in Kunming or Shenzhen.What kind of visa I need for that to stay in China. Alternatively I if obtain a Long Term Student Visa is it possible for me to run business, is there anyone who can suggest me in this regard.
Thanks
Mar 22, 2008 12:44
  • APAULT
You cannot run a business on a student visa. To run a small business will probably need to do it in the name of a local. I would come here - any visa, though it probably should be an F visa - and work out the reality of setting up a business. Once you are certain you will proceed, use a visa agency and or a lawyer to help you. And be prepared to pay some money in brown paper bags if you want things to go smoothly
Apr 4, 2008 13:48
GUESTTONI Dear i have a student visa and i am studying. Now i am writing my Thesis so i dont have to go to class. I am working in a company without any contract, will it create any problem to my visa?
Jun 10, 2008 09:46
GUEST16182 im holding student visa till mid july..

now one company want to hire me soon..

can i cancel my student visa and change it to work visa without leaving beijing?
Jun 12, 2008 02:42
  • APAULT
A bit late for Guesttoni (sorry I was busy at that time) but for the benefit of others. I was told that you must obtain permission to work while on a student visa, but I have no details. Otherwise, yes you could be deported.....though many people are doing working this way.

GUEST16182: Basically no. Please search other threads but in summary, you must normally apply for a Z visa outside the mainland, at this time to the Olympics, probably you must go to your own country. The employer must be an accredited employer of foreigners to do this. The alternative 'grey area' is to work onan F visa but these are also harder to obtain until after the Olympics (though a government report has said they have not acually reduced the number of visas or the re-entries allowed).
Jun 18, 2008 11:18
GUEST43137 hi i got probelm with my visa i applied f visa and i got multiple visa for 6 monts from 4 jun 2008 to 4 dec 2008 but when i went to chian they have deported me for new reason so can any one suggest me what should i do i got this visa from chinses embassy in new delhi in india
Jun 30, 2008 02:51
GUEST29137 I came to China a year ago to start work here. I have an employment visa. I am leaving my job in Septmeber to start a year-long university course.. Do I need to leave the country to change to a student visa or can I do it here in Shanghai?

Seems strange to have to go all the way back to my home country (UK) when I'm currently resident in China. Very expensive too.
Jul 28, 2008 21:20
GUEST40178 Hi,

I am a student in china, and I have some business plans but i will continue my studies for two more years. I want to know IF I CHANGE MY STUDENT VISA TO A WORK VISA NOW, WILL I HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH MY UNIVERSITY OR WITH THE GOVERNMENT?- because i still want to study at the same university for two more years, but i want to change my visa now. I would appreciate any info you can give me on this. thanks!
Jul 30, 2008 20:44
  • APAULT
First, a work visa (which is the everyday name for a Z visa) will not provide the right to operate a business. If you get another type of visa you would lose the right to study - although I have no personal experience, I would expect your uni to need to see your visa annually, and when you go for the annual health check.

Based on people I have spoken to, if you want to run a significant business you should probably seek out a Chinese partner in whose name it will be run.... this will simplify many other regulatory requirements too. Then you can quietly stay on the student visa. But in my view there is always a degree of risk in all this.
Page 2 of 6    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: student visa to work visa
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code