Menu
Who do you want to marry?
Sep 23, 2007 22:13
  • DREAMLIFE
Have you ever heard of them, Li Zekai, Ding Lei and Zhang Chaoyang? Li is the son of Li Jiacheng. Ding is the CEO of Netease. Zhang is the CEO of Sohu portal. They are very rich. But they have not got married till now. Why do they choose to be single? Is it very hard to find a wife for them? Of course not. Some of those rich people spend a lot of money to put advertisements in mass media to find their future wife. Some even hold special shows to choose their wife to be.

What on earth makes them to do this? I really can not understand what kind of women do they want to marry? What is your opinion on this? If you were a rich man, what is your criteria for your future wife? In other words, what kind of women do you want to marry?

Is this one OK? (Just kidding).

Sep 23, 2007 22:32
  • CHYNAGYRL
Maybe they enjoy having girlfriends instead of a wife...
Sep 23, 2007 23:03
  • FAERIEQUEENE
I've least respect for Richard Li...
Sep 23, 2007 23:41
  • APAULT
Chynagirl has it right. I just don't understand why film and sports stars and the rich marry! If it were me I'd prefer to spread myself around a bit!!!

For the non religious, it's only a piece of paper for legal purposes, and even then, in Australia hetrosexual 'de facto' couples (male female couples who live as if married) have the same rights in law as if they were married, EXCEPT that have one extra right - pre-nuptial agreement agreements are accepted by the courts for unmarried couples but not for couples who marry ('pre-nuptial agreement': how assets will be divided in the event of marriage breakup). !

And, as it has been shown in academic studies that about 10% of the suveyed population (probably a western sample) is gay, 10% of the population will not want to marry until one sex marriages are introduced.
Sep 24, 2007 11:19
  • GRIZ326
>>>And, as it has been shown in academic studies that about 10% of the suveyed population (probably a western sample) is gay...

Do you really believe that study? You believe that one in every 10 people you meet is a homosexual? BTW - if homosexuality is not a choice, then where the sample is taken is irrelevant.

There is an old adage that covers that "academic study" quite nicely, Paul: "Figures lie and liars figure." :-)

ahhhhhhh...but I do not want to thread jack, DREAMLIFE's question.

>>>Is it very hard to find a wife for them?

With all of their money, finding a wife certainly would not be too difficult; trusting a woman to be their wife would be extremely difficult.
Sep 24, 2007 16:20
  • DODGER
Trusting a Wife is more to the point Griz.
Dodger
Sep 24, 2007 19:53
  • MAY001
Yes, I agree. Trusting others, especiall a woman to be the wife, is rather difficult.
Sep 24, 2007 20:05
  • ICEBERG
Trusting a woman to be your wife is difficult. How about trusting a man to be your husband? It is difficult too. For those rich people, they care very much about his wealth. He is afraid that some women want to marry him just because of his wealth. That is why they choose to be single.
Sep 25, 2007 01:53
  • AL32
I agree with Chynagyrl: they probably all have girlfriend(s) and they don't report and tell us that in the news.

Also, one other posibility could be (and that is just one personal thought I bring forward here...) that to become rich like that, it might take a very special character.
To succeed in life, one sometimes needs to have a strong determination, lots of motivation, deep moral values and so on.... sometimes, maybe too strong for the average Joe (well... average Janet in this case....). Maybe that, this excess in everything makes a person egocentric and not fitted for a life as couple. Maybe those rich people are just a bunch of old maids afterall and are just unable to find anyone able to stand them -even with all their money!!! ---> but I have yet to see a woman like that :-) [just joking here ladies!]

Oh! BTW Paul, a friend of mine was telling me just last week, that what you referred to "heterosexual 'de facto' couples (male female couples who live as if married)" -what we call here in Canada "Common-law relationships or couples"- are in record numbers in my own birth province of Québec. Here, if I remember properly, the rate of common law couples is at some 36%: which is apparently the highest percentage in the world. My explanation for this is that like you said: those couples have the same or even more advantages than married couples and the fact that religion as almost disapeared from our province's customs...that, due to the abuse of power from the Catholic Church in the colonisation period and after. Nobody else than a very few gray heads attend the Sunday mass anymore....sad, but true.

Sep 25, 2007 22:20
  • DREAMLIFE
I agree with Chynagyrl: they probably all have girlfriend(s) and they don't report and tell us that in the news.

Al32, I interprete CHYNAGYRL's words differently. Those rich people are not constant in their love. Perhaps they have many girlfriends (because they are very rich so that they can find many). If they get married, they will be constrained by his wife and marriage. To some extent, they lose their 'freedom'. That is why they do not want to get married. It is just my understanding.
Sep 26, 2007 01:16
  • AL32
I have the exact same understanding as you Dreamlife...but the magazines, TV and all don't tell us that they have many girlfriends; they just say that they are not married without giving any more details. So it is for us to imagine how they live their life.

For sure, your interpretation of Chynagyrl's words is most probably the exact one. I was just trying to think differently and kind of making a joke in trying to paint those rich stars in some kind of unfriendly monsters... ;-) that's all.

As for your question: if I was really rich, I would marry the poorest lady that has the richest heart.
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Who do you want to marry?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code