Menu
Young wife can make a 85-year-old younger?
Sep 25, 2007 04:23
  • FRANKENSTEIN
Before we go, let's read an interesting report about a Chinese-American prize-winner.
Source: Xinhua net.

Chinese-American Nobel laureate of physics Yang Zhenning said to Xinhua his wife Weng Fan, 54 years his junior, has made him younger and more energetic.

Yang and his wife visited China's Sun Yat-Sen University on Saturday in Guangzhou. Holding his wife's hand tightly, he said: "She really makes me feel the energy of youth."

He added: "I am now 10 times more famous than before since the current marriage."

Yang, 85, married 31-year-old Weng Fan on Dec. 24, 2004.

It was the second marriage for both of them. Yang's first wife Du Zhili died in 2003 and Weng wed her first husband shortly after graduation from college and got divorced soon afterwards.

In 1957, Yang won and shared the Nobel Prize in Physics with Lee Tsung-dao "for their penetrating investigation of the so-called parity laws, which has led to important discoveries regarding the elementary particles."

Since late 2003, Yang has been giving regular lectures exclusive for freshman in China's elite Tsinghua University.

Sep 25, 2007 04:33
  • ELLEN77
If they think they match, perhaps. Acturally there are many couples whose ages are six to one. Sun Yat-sen and his wife Song Qingling are also an example, but who can say they are not fit for each other?
Sep 25, 2007 04:34
  • FRANKENSTEIN
After reading this news, what is your first reaction? If you are a woman, will you marry a husband who is almost at the same age of your father? If you are a man, will you marry a wife who is 20-30 younger than you? Some critical people may argue that love can cross any boundries, race, age and social status. I wonder whether love has such magic. I have ever heard that the power of love is endless. How powerful is it. Can it make a 85-year-old man feel rejuvenated? What is your opinion?
Sep 25, 2007 04:36
  • FRANKENSTEIN
Yang Zhenning, the first Chinese American Nobel Prize laureate, with his wife Wong Fan

Sep 25, 2007 10:46
  • CARLOS
Yang Zhenning is a Nobel Prize laureate. It means he has done something remarkable in his life. I think I have not, as remarkable anyway. I think it is not our business at all to judge him about his choises. Love or not, it is obvious that them both need each other, whatever their meanings are.
About love in general, my friend always says: love is forever. Only targets change.
Well, maybe I don´t precisely agree with him.
Sep 25, 2007 12:03
  • COMMLOVE
This is amazing...
Sep 25, 2007 13:08
  • GRIZ326
I do not know if love makes you younger, but I can say with certainty that my happiness level is much higher since I met my gal. It has been almost 3 months and I am still smiling!
Sep 25, 2007 22:10
  • ZOEY
Is age a barrier for love and marriage? It may not be, but the age gap shouldn't be too large. The age difference between these two are two large. For me, it is really hard to accept the marriage.
Sep 26, 2007 07:03
  • DODGER
I would say " good on him"
It will bring him passion and love and a reason to stay alive.
She will learn from a man who has lived life and not from a child man.
It looks to me like a win win outlook.
I wish them luck.
Dodger.
Sep 27, 2007 05:02
  • KATRINA
Well, quite a lot of people are doubting about the purity of their love. Do the woman really love the old man or his reputation, wealth or social status?
Sep 27, 2007 11:21
  • CARLOS
I think it is not our business. I must quote myself to answer You, Katrina:

"Love or not, it is obvious that them both need each other, whatever their meanings are."
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Young wife can make a 85-year-old younger?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code