Menu
Is ignorance a virtue for women?
Oct 22, 2007 17:53
  • ERENCIUS
Quote:
"Keeping mistresses are the immoral behaviors of men."

Yes and no: of course it is the guy's problem since he chose to have someone else to have fun with. But this means that they didnt choose the right person originally or that they should be divorced, but because of the necessity in Asia to preserve the family unity, they prefer to take someone else. Yes it means they are not satisfied so they can be blamed for it but it also means that many women accepted to be their mistress... Why do you think their are so many prostitutes in Shanghai ? Maybe because they get bored of their marriage. You can be married since you had an unwanted children or if you want to live with your girl friend you have to marry most of the time, still today... But a girlfriend is a girlfriend not a wife so if to have an independant life you have to marry then it has to be easier to divorce and then you ll see that the number of mistress is decrising. The problem in China is that divorce is not well seen while being already common in Europe.
I m not saying it is a good thing, but to solve your problems, you need to change the status of marriage in people 's mind.

Quote:
"Asian women are more feminine but they are more often followers. They want someone more successful than they are. Just to make my point, we know two female doctors here who are both married to plumbers. Can you imagine any Asian woman doing that? Because I can't. That would be totally ridiculous in Asia."

Yes this remark is absurd, usually in Europe but not only we find our wife or husband on the work place. But that you may find your love somewhere else happens everywhere on Earth, no matter he is an unknown singer, a team manager or a plumber... These cases exist everywhere on Earth without distinction (hopefully if not it would mean woman are only interested on money or likness which is quite a superficial behaviour...)

Asian women are most of the time as feminine as European ones. It completly depends on the person: no general opinion can be given on this point: behaviour varies from a person to another. The main difference is that Europeans are now completly and widely independant since marriage is no more an obligation, that they enjoy their freedom. Maybe it looks like guy 's behaviour since it is not a traditional behaviour for women, but actually it doesnt prevent a woman from looking perfectly feminine.
Oct 22, 2007 17:54
  • ERENCIUS
Why do you think their are so many prostitutes in Shanghai ? Maybe because they get bored of their marriage...
I was talking about husbands not prostitutes...
Oct 22, 2007 21:07
  • ICEBLUE
Quote:

ALTERNATIVELY, in a more gentle approach, ignorance is unawareness of something, very often something of capital interest to woman as a group, gender or individual, therefore I see no virtue in ignorance.

JCNl123, thanks for saying ignorance is not a virtue for women. But why should ignorance be unawarness of something of capital interest to woman as a group, gender or individual( rather than something of capital interest to MAN as a group, gender or individual)? Could you make your points more explicitly?

Quote:

"Why do you think their are so many prostitutes in Shanghai ? Maybe because they get bored of their marriage..."

Erencius, why do they get bored of their marriage? Why do men become dissatisfied with their wives? Is it because their wives get older and no longer beautiful as before. Men generally prefer "the new" to "the old ".
Oct 22, 2007 22:36
  • JCNILE123
Iceblue,

Quote,
((JCNl123, thanks for saying ignorance is not a virtue for women. But why
should ignorance be unawareness of something of capital interest to
woman as a group, gender or individual (rather than something of capital interest to
MAN as a group, gender or individual)? Could you make your points more explicitly?))

No special reason, except the fact, that the subject is woman and no man.
The question is, (is ignorance a virtue for woman?)
Oct 23, 2007 03:26
  • ERENCIUS
Quote:
Erencius, why do they get bored of their marriage? Why do men become dissatisfied with their wives? Is it because their wives get older and no longer beautiful as before. Men generally prefer "the new" to "the old ".

Have you read what I wrote just before? The main problem is that marriage is supposed to be eternal and for many Chinese people you only got one chance to marry so if you made a mistake you cannot just divorce and go on. I guess some guys also prefer younger girls but in this case, it means that they are old and with money, otherwise young girls wont be so interested in them (maybe also because the guy is wise haha who knows). Anyway the case you are talking about is not the main one. A man will betray is wife for sexual pleasure (main point) or because of lack of love (marriage doesnt necessarly imply love). He'd better being rather young for this (there are exceptions of course).
But many women do so too. Except that usually it is better hidden that's all.
Oct 23, 2007 22:09
  • ICEBLUE
ERENCIUS & JCNILE123

So far, I feel that ' the old doctrine " ignorance is women's virtue" trapped us ( women) deeply. I did feel you two seems to be a little bit prejudiced against women. I can understand that you view women from the perspective of men since you are one of the Male Group.

Although feminist movement has achieved a lot, women's status in the society is still very low. There are still many mutation of gender stereotype against women. As for the same working position, women's possibility of success is gloomy, and women are often underpaid.

More than worse, women seem to be trapped by the gender stereotype so deeply that they prefer "playing dumb" (or numb). As you can ffom this post, the topic is so relevant to women. While I do feel " Unsupported ", since I find that only three female memembers (Chynagyle, sunnydream and me) involved in the discussion to defend for ourselves. In appearance, you seemingly hold no discrimination against women. When the discussion advanced into a key stage, you stand by each other. Erencius' statements about the prostitutes and the mistresses are apparently against women. The destruction of family should not be attributed to women only. Anyway, this is just how I feel, and it might not be true. However, I do feel that the the cancerous tumor of gender prejudice has still spread its influence. Gender stereotype put women in a vulnerable position!

Broadly speaking, you guys here are nice and open-minded men. It's really fun exchanging ideas with you.
Oct 25, 2007 05:05
  • ZOEY
Iceblue,
Well said. From what you said, I realize that you are not one of the ignorant women. Your words mirror your wit and wisdom. Undoubtedly, ignorance is not women's virtue.
Oct 25, 2007 14:31
  • JCNILE123
Iceblue,

I quote,

ERENCIUS & JCNILE123

So far, I feel that ' the old doctrine " ignorance is women's virtue" trapped
us ( women) deeply. I did feel you two seems to be a little bit prejudiced
against women. I can understand that you view women from the perspective
of men since you are one of the Male Group.

I do not know where you got it from, however, as I read your quote, I
realize your mind was preset long before you drop the question.
Therefore, to that matter there are not right answers to your question, as
I can see by your writings.

Let me make you clear that I do not write any word on behalf of Mr Erencius.
Mr Erencius writings do not represent me in any way or form.
Perhaps your immaturity and lack of manners allowed you to attempt to
write one reply for two very different individuals.
Is this a sign of a liberate woman with out the understanding of the
meaning of liberation?
If that is the case, "you are a danger to your self".
To yield to you as a Lady, the benefit of the doubt, I submit to you again
the only reply I wrote in this thread.

=======================================================
((((((Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds
himself no wiser than before. KV.

Ignorance is equal to lack of knowledge or education; therefore, I see no virtue in
ignorance.

ALTERNATIVELY, in a more gentle approach, ignorance is unawareness
of something, very often something of capital interest to woman as a group,
gender or individual, therefore I see no virtue in ignorance.

Now, if the idea is to be ignorant of a great number of things purposely,
to avoid the calamity of being ignorant of everything as Mr S S. said it,
then woman are the brightest creature on earth and by no means ignorant.)))))))
=======================================================

After that, I like to ask you, how, were I detrimental to the cause of woman, as
I stated that I see no ignorance on woman.
Jcn
Oct 25, 2007 14:46
  • JCNILE123
Zoey

Quote,
(I realize that you are not one of the ignorant women)

I see; you JUST realized that Iceblue are not one of the ignorant women.

Is that a compliment?
Oct 29, 2007 22:56
  • SUNNYDREAM
Haha,

JCNILE123, you are a litttle bit aggressive. I think that Iceblue just felt that few ladies involved in this discussion, and she felt insecure and unsupported. Remember, Iceblue has said "
broadly speaking, you guys here are nice and open-minded men. It's really fun exchanging ideas with you." So, don't be mean to girls.
Page 5 of 10    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Is ignorance a virtue for women?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code