Menu
Why marry a Chinese girl?
Sep 26, 2007 02:43
  • JIMMYB
In recent years,it was quite common to see that many foreign men married Chinese girls. Usually, the wedding ceremony was celebrated in a Chinese style. However, it is quite rare to see that Chinese men married foreign ladies. I wonder why there is such a strange phenomenon. Are Chinese girls more appealing than Chinese men to foreigners? Can anyone tell me why?
Sep 26, 2007 02:45
  • JIMMYB

Xinhua news:
An American groom (R) walking besides his bride on a wedding ceremony in Yuanshan Park in Yichun City, Jiangxi Province, yesterday. It was Mid-autumn Festival and a traditional Chinese-style wedding ceremony were held for 46 couples in the park yesterday

Sep 26, 2007 06:10
Speaking for myself, after several years of dating British women without much finding the right one for me, I looked further married a filipino who I met in Hong Kong, although this marraige failed I decided I would try again, this time with a Chinese lady, fingers crossed, I have found a lady who truly loves me as I love her.
Sep 26, 2007 07:27
  • JCNILE123
I read about this older western guy that married four times to an Asian Lady, the last one left him the day after the green card arrived on the mail.
And he said that he will go for it again.
I don't know if I want to go that far, however, I think I found the best woman in my life pilgrimage the day I found her.
Yes, she is Chinese, delicate, gentle, soft spoken, lovely, high morals, and very beautiful and attractive, with the sweet scent of a woman.
Do I said very beautiful???
Sep 26, 2007 14:44
  • CARLOS
"I think I found the best woman in my life pilgrimage the day I found her.
Yes, she is Chinese, delicate, gentle, soft spoken, lovely, high morals, and very beautiful and attractive, with the sweet scent of a woman.
Do I said very beautiful???"

I myself canĀ“t say it more clearly, this all matches perfectly to my lao po. Well, maybe I could add she is quite piquant, too. : )

I think enough reason to fall in love with her.
Sep 26, 2007 18:43
  • WINDENERGY
Wow, Carlos,

That word "piquant" falls outside of the realm of my vocabulary. I consider to marry the Chinese girl because not only are many of them shining and gorgeous on the outside, but inside they are pure and innocent. They don't conceal the "hidden agendas" found in many (dare I say 'most' ?) western women...there plan for love is simple and sincere. They will remain true to their spouses for however and whenever their relationship goes.

Because the are so delicate, soft spoken, lovely, high morals and intelligent makes them alluring in the eyes of a foreigner. Most Chinese men don't get the chance to learn to woo a western woman, so there are few marraiges. Taking into consider the tremendous cultural differences between Chinese and the west, I don't think Chinese men have very much to offer a foreign girl. Thatis, unless she's into karaoke and large, round tabled dinner feasts with plenty of drinks!

__WINDENERGY__
Sep 26, 2007 20:42
  • LEONARDO
Quote:

"Most Chinese men don't get the chance to learn to woo a western woman, so there are few marraiges.Taking into consider the tremendous cultural differences between Chinese and the west, I don't think Chinese men have very much to offer a foreign girl."

Windenergy, I wonder what are the evidences for you to make such a statement. Would you please make your point more clear-cut? Why do most Chinese men have few chances to learn to woo a western woman? Why are there more chances for you westerners to learn to woo a Chinese girl?

Could you pls explain why Chinese men do not have much to offer a foreign girl in view of the cultural differences? What are they?

For your statement "Thatis, unless she's into karaoke and large, round tabled dinner feasts with plenty of drinks!", I wonder if these are the chances for you westerners to date or court Chinese girls.
Sep 27, 2007 10:54
  • CARLOS
Haha, after Your comment, Windenergy, I decided to check word "piquant". Maybe I made a Xiao mistake in language, again. It is only because my not so good English vocabulary. My Lao Po says her sisters daughter is piquant. So, maybe that word came there. I ment she sometimes gets angry in seconds and also calm down in seconds.
Well, so much about it.

I think I agree with Your opinion. At least about Chinese women.

On the other hand, feels like this thread is developing into wrong direction. This kind of disagreements often make only bad feelings between one and another. I think members - and quests - of this community are China lovers in some way, so maybe better not start quarreling here.

Sep 27, 2007 18:38
  • JCNILE123
Hey Leo, the man don't say any thing wrong against Chinese ladies,
and yes he said a lot against western woman, and not against Chinese man.
As a matter of fact he is on the Chinese man side with the statement.
Personally I think that western woman are just too complicated and empty, well not all of them but about 99% of them.
Sep 28, 2007 05:59
  • DODGER
JCN,
you could be right about western women being too empty.
Perhaps Chinese Women offer more of what is expected by a Man?
Dodger.
Sep 28, 2007 07:17
  • CARLOS
Jep, perhaps western women are way out of family thinking nowadays. Perhaps western family contains two men, other only looks like a woman.
Page 1 of 58    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Why marry a Chinese girl?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code