Menu
Why marry a Chinese girl?
Oct 15, 2007 03:24
  • SUNNYDREAM
Hi JCNILE123,

You have no need to apologize to me, really. I don't care about that and I didn't sense any offense from your statement. So take it easy. Anyway, I am vey happy to exchange ideas with you in this forum.

Quote from you:I most dissent with you on your platonic understanding of human civilization,
I believe that some noble ideals are necessary in order to survive, and not just
survive to actualize some noble ideals.
In an intelligent order, the noble ideals are first, as a fundamental frame to survival of humankind.

Perhaps, you are partly right for saying that I have a platonic understanding of human civilization. Sometimes, I value some noble ideals.

For your statement" some noble ideals are necessary in order to survive", I have different opinions. What is the intelligent order? My understanding is that surviving is in order to actualize some noble ideals. Otherwise, no need to survive. That's the value of life. Certainly, I admit that surviving is the basis for realizing the noble ideals.

Last but not least, I am not a follower of Darwinism nor an adherent of Social Darwinism. I don't believe in the theory:

"One of the lessons from the Darwinian world is that the excellence of an organism's
nervous system helps determine its ability to sense change and quickly respond,
thereby surviving or even thriving. BG"

Oct 16, 2007 02:14
  • ICEBLUE
Quote:

China has been built upon the foundation of a strong family. It has a lot to do with domesticating the 'wild', uncontrollable aspect (inherent in nature). A man is literally a 'slave' to his family here as he has to shoulder the responsibility of his wife's parent's, as well as entire family, as well as their children and children's education expenses.

Windenergy,
A man is literally a slave to his family? So this is your statement. Women prefer a responsible man. For those men who avoid responsibility, marriage seems to be a heavy burden. Love actually involves care and responsibility. Perhaps, you don't understand what " family" or "marriage" really mean.
Oct 16, 2007 03:27
I think you are right Iceblue, men should show more responsibilty and have true family values.
Oct 16, 2007 08:21
  • AL32
Exactly!
I don't think that this applies specifically or uniquely to Chinese. I think that Windenergy should never get married. Keep traveling man, coz those comments really surprise me.

Oct 16, 2007 08:37
  • JCNILE123
Hello, Miss SunnyDream,

(Perhaps, you are partly right for saying that I have a platonic understanding
of human civilization. Sometimes, I value some noble ideals.)

Just been partly right it is an achievement related to the understanding of
other people state of mind; and the understanding and perception of our
surroundings, therefore, been able to survive as you see others surrender
and self destroy.
Thus, carry on with the implementation of noble ideals, now, what is a noble
ideal?

(Finally yet importantly, I am neither a follower of Darwinism nor an adherent
of Social Darwinism. I don't believe in the theory)

Intelligent Design is the other choice, a third choice is the two been a
confirming part, one to the other, I am a follower of the third choice.
What about you?
Do you disagree with the idea that our nervous system is capable of sensing
change and adjust accordingly; and consequently allowing us to survive?

Thank-you for your kind words on the beginning of your reply.
I like your ideas too.
Oct 16, 2007 08:45
  • JCNILE123
I think Windenergy got the moon boot
Oct 16, 2007 11:17
  • GRIZ326
You're getting banged around a bit WINDENERGY, but I understand your feelings. I am a man filled with wanderlust. As a young man, I too could not handle the confines of marriage. Over the years, the value of being a willing slave has become evident to me. Perhaps time will convert you too. The problem for people like us in this way is knowing that our wanderlust has subsided; that we can now control it; or that we are so committed that we will trade the freedom of wanderlust for the warmth and contentment of family.
Oct 17, 2007 04:43
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote,

Do you disagree with the idea that our nervous system is capable of sensing
change and adjust accordingly; and consequently allowing us to survive?

JCNLE123, I think this question divert too much from the focus of the original topic. We are not discussing Biology.

Griz326,
When you were young, did you feel marriage is a confine for you? I wonder if all young male share the same feeling with you. Tragically hear this.
Oct 17, 2007 05:22
I think what Griz was saying is that when a men are young they feel the need to enjoy the single life before getting married, I was the same, I got married to my ex-wife when I was 37 and had enjoyed being single, but I have to say I enjoyed married life better.
Alan.
Oct 17, 2007 15:47
  • JCNILE123
Sunnydream,

I, Quote you.

(As to this statement, you highlight the significance of the reproduction in
the sense biological evolution.
Herein, may I take the liberty to ask whether reproduction or survival is
your motivation to find a woman.( No intention to offend you)

Yes, a deviation from the original issue happened, as I followed you.
You are so correct, biology was not the issue, however, I just made a
show of a condescending attitude as I kindly answered your deviated
questions.
Page 4 of 58    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Why marry a Chinese girl?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code