Menu
Mid Autumn Festival is painful!
Sep 26, 2007 04:08
  • ICEBERG
According to the news, heavy traffic jam in Guangzhou lasted about 5 hours yesterday. Almost all main roads were blocked by numurous cars. At the bus stations were all people waiting for the city buses. In the subway, some people even fell in a faint. Why? Because yesterday was Mid- Autumn Day, people all wanted to come back to have dinner with their families. Unluckily, they had a unhappy and painful Mid-Autumn Day.

No.1

Sep 26, 2007 04:10
  • ICEBERG
No.2

People crowding into the bus.

Sep 26, 2007 04:12
  • ICEBERG
No.3

Sep 26, 2007 04:13
  • ICEBERG
No.4

Look at those two people.

Sep 26, 2007 20:36
  • MAY001
What are they doing in the final pic??
Sep 28, 2007 00:51
  • APAULT
That's easy to see May! She is tickling him under the arm :)

I understood that it is an old traditional part of the Mid Autumn Festival that was disappearing because most people don't have time for it. They don't have time because they are so busy queueing for buses! Revive traditions: run more buses !!!
Sep 28, 2007 01:57
  • JABAROOTOO
Hey, Paul they can run more buses but where will they go? Roads already overloaded by the look of the traffic in the photos and the crowds.

More tickling sounds like a great idea!!!!!
Oct 1, 2007 04:09
GUESTDAVED Hi all, just looking at those pics gives me the heebie jeebies. I have learnt from bitter experience to stay home in Chinese holidays. Go traveling when the rest are working. If you cant do that then its the queues and traffic jams for you, to say nothing of the hordes you'll have to put up with at any of the tourist destinations.
Oct 4, 2007 02:16
  • BBQQ
Did you pay attention to the large yellow ring? I guess that it was used to symbolize the moon. Trapped in the heavy traffic jam, they could not go back very soon. Thus, they had fun with the ring.
Post a Reply to: Mid Autumn Festival is painful!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code