Menu
Public interest advertisement needs nudity?
Oct 5, 2007 01:40
  • LEOPOLD219
In order to make more women to care about the breast cancer and their health condition, the Fashion and Health invited (A magazine) several some female entertainment stars to shoot naked photos to publicize for this event. This move has aroused heated discussions among people.

Some people suspect that those stars just make use of those photos to win more fans and publize for themselves. Except shooting nude photos, there are many ways to publicize. Why not choose other ways?

What do you think? Does public interest advertisement need nudity?

Oct 7, 2007 23:11
  • ICEBERG
Personally, I think that the magazine just took this chance to propagandize themselves. By this way, they can win more readers. On other hand, some of the stars are eager to be known to others. They have the same purpose as the magazine.
Oct 8, 2007 16:01
  • GRIZ326
Some times it is difficult to get people's attention without shouting. Nudity is just another way to shout.
Oct 8, 2007 20:13
  • KEVIN0518
Griz, it is really a good way to get people's attention. Perhaps, these stars really want to call on more people to care about their health. But I do not think it is a proper way.
Oct 9, 2007 04:16
  • LIONPOWER
Does public interest advertisement need nudity?
No.
Oct 9, 2007 05:40
Fair shout Griz he he
In the western world nobody would take much notice, nudity in adverts are everywhere, I guess it was only matter of time it reached China, it's a pity but that is the way things are moving.
Oct 10, 2007 02:29
  • DREAMLIFE
Though Chinese people have been open-minded a lot, Some traditional concepts still dominate them and they are conservative. Yes, Alan. Nudity in advertisements are everywherein the west world. Once I read a piece of news which said that some environmentalists once lay nakedly to protest against killing whales. I do not know whether it is useful to do so. Do you think nudity is useful?
Oct 10, 2007 06:23
  • DODGER
I think that the picture is quite tasteful as nothing is really showing.
Some would say “when you have seen one you have seen them all’
As long as it is done with some class and is not vulgar it is Ok with me.
Dodger.
Oct 10, 2007 07:05
I agree to some extent with Dodger, we men are ( mostly ) very much attracted to the naked female form, maybe this is why advertisers use this ploy to grab mens attention or visa versa with the female case.
I would prefer it was left to the imagination with the women tastefully dressed.

Oct 15, 2007 02:03
  • ICEBERG
Alan, you could be right. So obviously they do not advertise for public interests, just to grab men's attention. The purpose is to make more people know their magazine.
Oct 24, 2007 01:02
  • UMERTTS
yes i agree , ppl interest so it is used , otherwise no need of nudity , but ppls r interestd
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Public interest advertisement needs nudity?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code