Menu
(caballerius) Hand by hand, western and Asian man.
Oct 7, 2007 10:37
  • JCNILE123
Is western man more chivalrous? On the other hand, by in large, are they (western man) just, opportunistic individuals?
Oct 7, 2007 18:45
  • JCNILE123
I know this is a not so simple question, because you do not want to hurt not ones
feelings.
So, if you are more comfortable to go as a guess, just go ahead and write your thoughts
as you see it, even if they are ugly thoughts, it will be nice to know your thinking as a person,
Asian or western, man or woman, it don’t matter what or who you are.
Personally, I hope that you will say that, men from the west are good and by no means
opportunistic.
However, I know I am dreaming, because historically speaking, that is a fact, western
men have been opportunistic and not always fair to others.

Just do not use foul language, please.
Oct 7, 2007 19:25
  • PETERJOHN
1. I know more westerners than easterners, so it's not a fair comparison.
2. I don't associate with "bad" people, so most people I know are good, nice people.
3. I am not an "opportunistic" individual, so I will see the world through different eyes than people who are that way

These three things will give me a high bias in favor of western men, and it's probably not fair or accurate.

Also, most people I've met in China have told me that Chinese men don't treat their women as good as foreigners do. I don't know if that is true or not, but none of the Chinese men that I met treated their girlfriends bad.
Oct 8, 2007 06:04
  • DODGER
Jcnile,
I am not completly sure what you are trying to achieve with this question?
What is you understanding of the word " chivalrous" Do I give my seat up on a train for a Woman? I do.
I also need to know what you mean by "opportunistic" Does this imply that they take advantage of other people who are weaker? I do not.
I have male friends from the East who I have known for many years who are about the same age as me (100+) who do the act in the way as me so perhaps this may be a generation thing rather than one of cultures. or one, simply of respect to others.
Dodger.
Oct 8, 2007 09:14
  • JCNILE123
Dodger, I can be more specific for sure,
I will work my way down, and at the end, and I hope I can accomplish just that.
Quote,
(I am not completly sure what you are trying to achieve with this question?)

As the bulk of the threads develop, concerning Asian Ladies and relationships,
I realize that most threads, in a very unfair way, mostly, end up blaming the western lady
for our failures as family, love partners or the relationship it self.
Therefore, we end up searching for an eastern wife and we the man from the west,
at unison, we tell everybody else that western wives are not that good.
Or perhaps we say that eastern ladies are better wife’s, any it is ok, my issues
are the fact that somehow we the guys from the west,

(Do not have blame at all, for the most part, as I read on our threads
us, western male, are the good ones, they the western women are the bad and not so
worthy members of the western society.)

So on, as good (caballerius) like the knights from the past we go on, in search of a
beautiful eastern Lady, and there we become the chivalrous man that we fail to be at home,

As I read our postings, my postings included.
Some go far as to say that our western woman wants to be like a man,
To that, I ask, can it be for the lack of manly men in our western society, that our western
woman must be many times over the father and the mother in a very large number of homes
in our beautiful west?
There are, as we speak thousands of good western Ladies, going to work and take care of the
home and the children, (like a man.)
Where is the man, do you know? the individual responsible for the household it self?
Beware; he can be in China by now searching for another wife,
Like a western knight from the past, he can be very chivalrous!

Generally speaking,
Is all the western man like this? I assure you that we are not.
However, sadly, many are opportunistic, and see woman as just that a woman.

The family of my future wife is from the village, they are such a nice and proud people.
However, I found one very difficult issue; (trust) they do not trust westerners so easily.
About half of the teachers that have come to town, have left town with bad marks.

I do not like a long and tedious reply, so, I must end.

Quote,
(I am not completly sure what you are trying to achieve with this question?)

Do I know where this one will go, or what we can learn or achieve with this question?
The truth is that I do not know.
Oct 8, 2007 16:54
  • GRIZ326
>>>I realize that most threads, in a very unfair way, mostly, end up blaming the western lady
for our failures as family, love partners or the relationship it self.

Within any relationship that goes sour there is enough blame to go around; a person is best served by looking in the mirror to see who is to blame for the failure of their relationship.

However, looking at American society - clearly the modern feminist movement caused grave harm to the American family and male/female relationships. There were other ingredients in the mix: the birth control pill; acceptance of divorce as normal; women without sexual morals (Did men ever have sexual morals?); acceptance of vulgarity on radio and television; acceptance of women having children out of wedlock; wide-spread drug use along with other bad thinking and bad behavior. Men did not change much during that period...other than being utterly confused more than their father's before them. ...and, of course, most men considered the last 40 years to have produced a bumper crop of loose women available for their pleasure without payment for services rendered.

Not much good came out of the American feminist movement. Young American women seem to be realizing that and appear to be smart enough to separate the good from the bad. I am hopeful that good young men and good young women of this period will plant a better crop for the future. Unfortunately, the percentage of corrupted young people is very high in America.

None of this means there are not wonderful American women who either never bought into the "era of decline" or learned from it and emerged better; the problem is being able to identify them when you run across them. The old joke that "all the good ones are married" is certainly not true, but as a single man in America it can seem that way.

For the most part, I can not paint Canadian women with the same brush. That is not a comment without experience: I work on a Canadian team and am in Canada often.

My trips to LA and Silicone Valley serve to refresh my opinion of the American condition formulated during my original 30 year career as a journalist.

Oct 8, 2007 23:39
  • PETERJOHN
JCNile, where are you from?
Oct 9, 2007 00:46
  • JCNILE123
PeterJohn, Nice words on your reply, by your writing, I think you are a respectful man.
I am from Texas, US of A.
Oct 9, 2007 06:39
  • DODGER
I cannot comment on Griz’ statement of American Woman as I have not met that many, but do agree that the “burn the Bra’ contingent have performed no favours to Woman in general in the West.
Have Western woman’s morals changed? Do they want to achieve the same freedom as they think a Man has?
Do I blame myself for failed relationships in the past? Yes, I should have worked as hard at home as in the office.Do I blame Western Women...No. Only myself.
So Jcnile,
I did not come to China as the Nights of old came to conquer and to carry off a Maiden.
I came, I saw, and I fell in love.
Thanks for you post as it gave me a moment of thought.
Dodger.
Oct 9, 2007 13:26
  • JCNILE123
Griz, it is distinguish characteristic, on you to be a good communicator of thoughts,
in addition to ideas.
However, I am not sure I, understand you writing this time.

Oct 9, 2007 13:32
  • JCNILE123
Dodger,
As a man my self, I am proud to be able to exchange my thoughts with you.

Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: (caballerius) Hand by hand, western and Asian man.
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code