Menu
7 Days in Xiamen -- Where else to go?
Oct 9, 2007 00:55
  • ABLOSH

My family of 5 including me is traveling this December to Xiamen, China. It's going to be our first time and the plan of staying for 4 days turned to 7 so that we could explore the place more.

Can anyone kindly give recommendations on whereelse to go aside from the famous local tourist spots in Piano Island?

I mean, could we also travel to nearby cities to explore? How (plane, train, ferry?) and what would be the best places to see?

Also, I saw good rates and convenient location of Xiamen Plaza Hotel in Xia He Road. Anyone ever tried staying here?

Would appreciate feedback very much!

Oct 9, 2007 09:04
  • JABAROOTOO
Can I suggest a visit to the Tulou. Have a read of my Travel Review "Stronghold of the Southern Hakka' this will require one night away from Xiamen and you should be able to stay in one of the Tulou around Yongding. Google for more information.
use Hakka, Tulou and Yongding
Oct 13, 2007 20:15
  • ELSA
Go to the Hotel Receptionist counter and ask for tips. I am sure they will be helpful provided you can communicate well with them.Fujianese are very friendly. Or else try a travel agency to book side trips around Xiamen and nearby places. If you plan to go on the cheap, buy a road map and buy Amoy Magic of Dr. Bill Brown from Xinhua book store. And take to the near long distance bus station. Good Luck!
Oct 13, 2007 21:07
  • ELSA
Sometime this October 2007 I will revisit Xiamen for the 3rd time and I will stay again at Xiamen Plaza. The hotel rate is reasonable. What is so nice is that it so close to bus terminal center and train station. (50 meters far). It is faster to travel via long distance buses and nicer, I suppose. And Xiamen Plaza is only 70 meters from the World Trade shopping mall where there is a popular fast food center on the 5 th floor and has Walmart too!
Oct 13, 2007 21:25
  • ABLOSH

Actually, the proximity to the bus and train stations is what made me look it up in the list of hotels. I suppose we'll be doing a lot of traveling so I wanted the distance to be conveniently close.
Oct 15, 2007 06:24
  • BABYHARE
If you come here and need any help, please send me an e-mail:

163.com|babyhare

Nancy
Oct 27, 2007 23:57
  • CINDY117
My name is Cindy, an English major in Xiamen University. I'm very familiar with sightseeing spots in and around Xiamen. I also work as an interpreter. Anyway, I am ready to help. Please feel free to send me an E-mail

yahoo.com.cn|cindycwc.0925
Oct 30, 2007 04:21
  • ELSA
The 5th floor fast food atop the Walmart (World Trade Center) does not exist. And their is plenty of road works.in front of the hotel. Somewhat not ideal. I only stayed 1 night this October.

I would recommend stay at a 4 star hotel.
Dec 5, 2007 02:46
  • F1SHANGHAI
Suggest you visit Wuyishan together, and itinerary is as follows:

D01 Shanghai/Wuyishan MU5531 21:10/22:30

Take the evening flight to Wuyishan.

Stay at Wuyishan

http://www.wuyishan.gov.cn/public/English/index.htm

D02 Wuyishan

Visit the Happy Buddha, ancient Yongle Temple, supernatural Big Red Robe tea tree and amazing Nine Dragon Nest. In the afternoon, take a traditional bamboo rafting for sightseeing on the wonderful Nine Twist Stream before visiting WuYi Palace and have a cup of WuYiShan Tea.

Stay at Wuyishan

D03 Wuyishan/Xiamen FM9530 19:25/20:05

Visit the Wuyi Mountain, Heavenly Tour Peak (Tianyou Feng)

Fly to Xiamen in evening.

Stay at Xiamen

D04 Xiamen

Take ferry to Gulang Island, and visit the GuLang Island with laudatory title of "Island of the piano or maritime garden' watch Sunlight Rock(Cable fee should be paid by tourists), Piano Museum, then view ShuZhuang Garden, and then take ferry back to Xiamen.

Stay at Xiamen

D05 Xiamen

Visit the Hulishan HulIShan Fortress, South PuTuoTemple, and Xiamen University;

Stay at Xiamen

D06 Xiamen/Jimei/Xiamen

Leave for Jimei(about 1 hour drive), visit the Turtle Garden, Jimei University, and then back to Xiamen, have stroll at Zhongshan Road.

Stay at Xiamen

D07 Xiamen/ Riyuegu Hotsprings Resort

Sun Moon Valley Hot Springs (about 1 hour drive)

http://www.riyuegu.com/english/index.php

Stay at Riyuegu Hotsprings Resort

D08 Xiamen/Shanghai MU5664 13:00/14:30

Back to Xiamen, and fly back to Shanghai
Dec 12, 2007 07:06
GUEST12272 Hi good day to all.

Is anybody here can assist me & my husband to guide us for tour to Xiamen on January 2008 because we will have our 2 days trip there to visit some of the historical places and good locations.
please email me at yahoo.com|puchie08 if there will be someone with good heart who could meet with us as soon as we get there we will providing assistance fee for the great help.

thank you,
puchie
Jul 12, 2008 09:15
GUEST15420 Hi, I am from fuzhou city . I plan to travel to Xiamen in mid-Aug 2008. I wonder if here is anyone who'd like to travel there together. My email is yahoo.com.cn|meldoy_zr
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: 7 Days in Xiamen -- Where else to go?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code