Menu
Have you ever tasted chrysanthemum?
Oct 15, 2007 03:14
  • BBQQ
Have you ever tasted Chrysanthemum? Here are some delicacies made from Chrysanthemum.

No.1

Chrysanthemum congee. Materials:sticky rice (150 grams), Juemingzi (决明子),a kind of Chinese traditional medicine and Chrysanthemum (30 grams) and some rock candy.

No.2

Minced pork with Chrysanthemum. Materials: Fresh chrysanthemum( 50 grams), pork(300 grams) and an egg. First, mince the pork into pieces. Second, mix the egg white with bean powder. Third, stir-fry the minced pork with the mixture of bean powder and egg white. Finally, put chrysanthemum in the pan and stir fry them.

No.3

Chrysanthemum and liver soup. Materials: medlar (50 grams), chrysanthemum (60 grams), liver (300 grams), salt and monosodium glutamate.

No.4

Chrysanthemum hot pot. Actually, chrysanthemum is used as the additive to make the flavour better.

No.5

A special drink. Materials: chrysanthemum and some honey. Boil chrysanthemum, and then let it cool down. Then filter chrysanthemum and put some honey in the water.
Oct 15, 2007 03:31
  • DANNYN
Except for tea, I have never eaten the flower. What I do like, is the chrysanthemum stems. They are called Tonghao (茼蒿) and are a delicious kind of green vegetable.
Oct 15, 2007 03:53
  • DESTRUCKDOZ
Hey whats up,

Chrysanthemum tea is pretty good ice chilled on a summer day.

The Chrysanthemum stems are delicious in hot pot which makes that crazy delicious broth but I would prefer the large leaf Chrysanthemum instead of the small leaf when used in non soup dishes.

Just a tip, if you hate that underlying bitterness, try the large leaf, its a lot lighter in flavor.

Danny

What about chive flower?? (Gwo Choi Fa)
Oct 15, 2007 17:44
  • DAVEC
Like others I have tasted the tea but nothing else. I will add it to my list for next time I visit China
Oct 15, 2007 22:06
  • DREAMLIFE
Danny, I am afraid that you mistook Tonghao (茼蒿) from chrysanthemum. I check it on the internet and found that the stem of the chrysanthemum could be eaten but it is different from 茼蒿 though they belong to the same category。 In English, Tonghao is called garland chrysanthemum. Its flower looks very like chrysanthemum.
Oct 16, 2007 20:52
  • DESTRUCKDOZ
Oh ok so they are different. My apologies, I thought we were talking about Tonghao.

Danny
Oct 17, 2007 00:28
  • JABAROOTOO
Well .................,

In Chongqing we have a rather decadently docorated restaurant which serves all kinds of weird and wonderful flowers and herbs as their signature dishes. All the hostesses dress in long pink flowing gowns and the guests may even watch the chefs in the kitchen as they prepare food with much gusto in their fancy, macho outfits

It was here that I had the pleasure of eating 'tempura chrysanthemum'. Hao chi

I also enjoy the tea as well.

Post a Reply to: Have you ever tasted chrysanthemum?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code