Menu
What do you think of spitting and littering?
Nov 20, 2007 20:16
  • LEONARDO
Stella8455,

I am in favor of most parts of your ideas. "Spitting is inevitable, but the way to be spit has to be considered." Random spitting is obviously unacceptable.

Quote:
"To make a more civilized country, Chinese themselves think that they need to avoid spitting."

I agree. Well, spitting is a universal problem existing not only in China but also in other countries. Perhaps, the situation in China is much worse than elsewhere. May I take the liberty of asking where you are from? How about the situation in your country? I am just wondering how serious the issue(spitting) is in other countries. (No other intentions)
Nov 20, 2007 22:41
  • STELLA8455
LEONARDO,

Hi, I'm from South Korea. I've been to China twice and studied there for 7 months, so I know a little about Chinses situation.

And in Korea, we don't have many people spitting. But people smoke on the street. There are so many cigarette butts on the street. I think the best way to make a civilized society is to consider other people and not to think of his or her own convenience. :)
Nov 21, 2007 19:56
  • LEONARDO
Hi STELLA8455,

Thanks! In your country, the situation is much better than China. As to smoking, well, it is a big problem not only in South Korea, China but other countries. Cigarette butts are almost everywhere in China.

" think the best way to make a civilized society is to consider other people and not to think of his or her own convenience." Good points! However, altruistic deeds are becoming fewer and fewer. Egoism is quite prevalent. Smokers often enjoy themselves at the expensense of others' heath.
Page 4 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: What do you think of spitting and littering?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code