Menu
Are you a slave to your cell phone?
Oct 19, 2007 15:23
  • DAVEC
Yes, I get the phones free every year. At the end of the year I look for better deals so my phone provider will contact me with offers and new phone.
Its great because I get the latest models and it doesnt cost me anything other than my usual monthly fee, about £20.

When I get to China I just take out my UK sim card and swap it for my China mobile one.
Oct 19, 2007 20:48
  • KEVIN0518
Wow, it sounds great, Dave. Are you the VIP of your phone provider? Can every customer get their free phone like you? In China, it is impossible. You only can get a cellphone on condition that you pre-pay some phone fees.
Oct 23, 2007 20:17
  • LEOPOLD219
The cell phone is a necessity for those who have fallen in love with sb because they have a lot to talk to his/her girlfriend/boyfriend. They can hold their cell phone and talk for several hours.
Oct 24, 2007 09:59
Dave, did get much benefit from changing sim cards? I'm thinking of doing the same when I go in January, I have one of those 3G phones on Orange and like to be able to video call my sister when I get married, I know last time I was with t-mobile and it cost me a fortune..
Oct 24, 2007 21:09
  • JIMMYB
Alan, where will you hold your wedding ceremony, China or UK? The 3G technology is not mature in China. At present, it is just a pilot project. I am afraid that you are not able to make a video call if you intend to get married in China.
Oct 25, 2007 00:07
  • CANADAGUY
The BlackBerry is not exactly a cell phone, but it can be used as one and much more. If you thought cell phones were addictive you should see what the BlackBerry faithfuls are like!

In the past couple of days, RIM (Research in Motion) a Canadian company based in Waterloo, Ontario, very close to where I live, has become the most valuable company in Canada, surpassing longtime frontrunner Royal Bank.
RIM is now worth $67 billion.

This year alone RIM's share price has already risen 150%.

Tuesday the shares bounced higher after RIM announced that it would sell its BlackBerry wireless device to customers in China.

A few years ago a former colleague of mine at our high school was recommending this company to several fellow teachers. He had already been holding the stock for a few years at the time and was making a fortune on it.

I decided not to purchase it because it seemed very high-priced at the time and I wasn't a fan of the RIM technology.

Well since that time the stock has continued to explode upwards, so I guess I made the wrong decision. Anyways, according the news, you should start to see these small wireless devices in China very soon.
Oct 25, 2007 02:55
Thanks for that Jimmy, I will be getting married in China somewhere near Shanghai, so I will have to make do with a standard phone call then, I might just record a video and send it later then.
Nov 1, 2007 22:37
  • DREAMLIFE
Most cellphone users in China could not live if they were separated from their cellphone. At present, those cellphone users have been used to communicate with each other through short messages rather than e-mails because short messges are quicker and more convenient. A survey said that 90% Chinese cellphone users frequently send short messages to their friends compared 49% in US. The statistics suggests that the total number of short messages sent by Chinese mobile phone users per month is about 33 billion. It is no surprise to see that a young boy or girl spends his or her salary per month to buy the latest cellphone. For them, cellphone is not only a communicating tool but a fashion.
Nov 14, 2007 15:57
  • CARLOS
I have two cell phones, one is my workphone, other my personal. I can use my workphone for personal calls. When I come home from work I usually close my workphone, because I talk to phone dozens of times a day. My personal number I have given to very few of my friends, and my family of course, so I don´t get many calls after work.
Maybe I can say I am slave to my cell phone at daytime, but get free after work.

Carlos
Nov 14, 2007 20:37
  • MIRANDAZHAO
I am definitely a slave to my cellphone. I use my cellphone to shoot photos, listen to music, have access to internet and chat with my friends with chatting software equipped in my cell phone. In a word, I do everything that can be done by cell phone. Since we have cell phones, why not try to utilize it fully?
Page 2 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Are you a slave to your cell phone?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code